Rate hike in July?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Amalgam, Jul 14, 2016.

Rate hike?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. Amalgam

Amalgam

I think so with markets surging so much. Really what are they waiting for at this point? The labor market seems tight too from what I've been reading.

2. S2007S

S2007S

Rate hike in July....

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah

Rate hike hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha

That shouldn't even be a question......

The answer is NOOOOOO

Hahahaha

Rate hike hahaha.....

3. They should, but they won't. The excuse will be... "need more time to see if labor market really is ok" or something along those lines. Today is the last day to manipulate some data, CPI retail sales, trust me they will tinker with the numbers to give them cover to sit tight.

Yellen is trying to help Clinton so she can keep her job, if Trump wins, shes history.

4. K-Pia

K-Pia

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  5. wmwmw

wmwmw

Fed futures says in June,2017.

6. ktm

ktm

They won't move in July, because they would have hinted by now.

But I agree they should raise. So much of their internal discussion and fretting is about whether the market would handle it or not. Clearly, right now it would.

7. Amalgam

Amalgam

No way the market has that one correct.

8. It's all about Brexit at the mom...

9. I don't know whether it's gonna happen or not, but logic says it should happen. SPY just reached its historical maximum, they planned more hikes later this year, the election is still far away... Maybe it's the best time.

10. Lately FED runout of excuses, but, Thanks to the Brexit, most likely, no hike by December at leats - Perfect excuse for FED.

#10     Jul 15, 2016