Random

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BSAM, May 10, 2011.

1. hughb

hughb

I was born there. It's a honky tonk town where all the Marines on deployment have to come back and fight against their fellow Marines who were fucking their wives while they were away.

#4181     Sep 25, 2015
  2. hughb

hughb

So. I miss my Barron's. Should I subscribe to the digital edition? I liked the print edition. I liked reclining on the couch on Saturday mornings with a hangover and reading it, clipping out parts that I liked and taping them into my diary. would the digital experience be the same? I don't think so. They had some unique reporting and columns. I really liked them.

#4182     Sep 25, 2015
  3. hughb

hughb

Hey! Howcome nobody commented on my profile pic? You guys should put up a profile pic, too.

#4183     Sep 25, 2015
  4. hughb

hughb

Five weeks in a row - my trading account has been up. I'm still more than 50% below my high water mark set back in 2012, though. MY net worth is notching out new highs. Not good enough though - I want to set the world on fire. What a great movie it would be - alcoholic manual laborer hits it big in the stock market! Is such a thing possible?

#4184     Sep 25, 2015
  5. hughb

hughb

Should I head down to the piano lounge tonight? If I don't get a response in the next five minutes, I'll take it as a yes.

#4185     Sep 25, 2015
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Okay...Who was your hero?
    Hurricane Smith or Leo Sayer?

#4186     Sep 26, 2015
  7. BSAM

BSAM

What happened to that book you were composing a few years ago?

#4187     Sep 26, 2015
  8. hughb

hughb

Had to look up Hurricane Smith - I had never heard of him. So I will have to go with Leo Sayer on this one. Although my hair isn't curly.

#4188     Sep 26, 2015
  9. hughb

hughb

Not sure which one you are referring to here, but I deleted a science fiction book I started writing back in 2009 because it was terrible. I completed a mystery/thriller recently that I had started writing back in 2012, but I don't intend to submit it for publication because the word count is too low to be commercially viable.

#4189     Sep 26, 2015
  10. hughb

hughb

Looks like all of the vbulletin boards are dead tonight - just like they have been most nights for the last five or six years now. Perhaps everyone has consolidated their social media to just Facebook so that they do not have to go through the trouble of clicking on bookmarks to go to individual sites. And maybe that's because they don't use computers anymore, they use their phones.

Anyway, I hope your trading/investing is going well, and if you aren't trading or investing maybe you can stop by and we can chat about it and try to get you back on track. Even if I don't always get stellar results, I do love this game and I think you do too, or you wouldn't be here.

My head is starting to swim from the wine and benadryl. It's not hot enough to leave my air conditioner on all night, but it is too hot to turn it off. Hopefully I can get the thermostat set right before I crash into oblivion. I need to fill up a little water bottle before I lay down though.

Read, read, read. Write, write, write. This is life.

#4190     Sep 27, 2015