Racism is White America’s HIV

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Aug 3, 2014.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Given the crime in Detroit, the thugs out on the streets at all hours of the night, the fact it's a bankrupt city and someone is beating on your door at 4:30 am after apparently after crashing her car ... and the article says she is "severely intoxicated". In this day and age everyone has a cell phone ... maybe she had an Obamaphone. So why didn't she call a friend, tow truck, family member?

The guy should have been convicted of manslaughter worst case.

#41     Aug 7, 2014
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

[​IMG]

#42     Aug 8, 2014
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

#43     Aug 8, 2014
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

How University Of Alabama Sororities Kept Black Women From Joining

University of Alabama students will return to campus this fall with an integrated Greek system for the first time.

2013 was host to a massive controversy when it was revealed traditionally white sororities at the public university in Tuscaloosa were still discriminating against black women.

Although things have been quiet lately around the issue, Marie Claire magazine dived into how the UA sororities were able to keep women of color from getting bids without outright declaring "No blacks allowed": more . . .

#44     Aug 8, 2014
  5. So you think the movie would have been better had the cast's leading lineup been the likes of Billy Blanks, Queen Latifa, Snoop Dog etc- and all the slaves and servants been played by no name white people?

Great idea, this could be a major hit on BET or Black Starz! :D

#45     Aug 8, 2014
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh The Humanity!

#46     Aug 8, 2014
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Egyptians weren't white. It's not as if there's a shortage of talented people of color.

How would you cast Flower Drum Song?

#47     Aug 8, 2014
  8. bone

bone

Aren't there all- black fraternities and sororities btw ? Have been for quite some time.

An inconvenient truth.

#48     Aug 8, 2014
  9. To be forthright I haven't seen either movie, but I can imagine having famous white people play the roles of Egyptian kings and queens would have been distracting.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to it being an act of racism though.

Ancient Egyptians have clearly shown that they reserved the roles of servants for their darker counter parts.

[​IMG]

Perhaps they had already cast too many lighter skinned actors to play the servant roles, and then had to resort to white actors for the lead roles.

After all this may have been done in an attempt to achieve a sense of realism.

#49     Aug 9, 2014
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Yes, I'm sure that was it, given that lead roles are always cast last and casting is never changed for servant roles.

#50     Aug 9, 2014