QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by garbar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. It's all in their answers:

- "We have no plans to phase out QT"
    - "If QT is phased out you have to pay a fee"

In other words:
    We do not want to phase out QT but we have precise plans how we will do it.

Nothing more to say.

#41     Jan 20, 2011
  2. Was QT sold to TD Ameritrade or leased to TD Ameritrade.

#42     Jan 23, 2011
  3. LeeD

LeeD

Sold, otherise the role of ATD would be irrelevant.

Just to summarise what has been said in this thread...

After ATD acquired TOS (which is in a sense more powerful a platform), the management gave in to TOS developers, who wanted their platfrom to be the only platform, and decided to part ways with QT founders and stop support for QuoteTracker by the end of 2011.

There is no plan to stop existing users from using QT. Just as datafeeds and broker interfaces evolve, nothing will be done to maintain QT compatibility with these brokers/datafeeds. As fewer and fewer users see QT compatible with their setup... Well, you get my drift.

#43     Jan 23, 2011
  4. garbar

garbar

After an intense search I found my QT replacement. MultiCharts.

They have lots of room for improvement (in some things they are already better than QT) but are a young company with a small enough core that they are responsive to users. In time they will improve their software to the point I won't miss QT. :)

I advise anyone still looking to check them out.

http://www.multicharts.com/

#44     Jan 30, 2011
  5. rcj

rcj

Much higher cost than QT or SC.

#45     Jan 30, 2011
  6. garbar

garbar

It's a business expense. It'll be paid for quick enough.

We're lucky we got QT for so cheap for so long. Actually if we paid by the month it wasn't cheap after a while.

MultiCharts kicks SC.

#46     Jan 30, 2011
  7. So I went thru 8 pages of notes because somebody got the program name wrong? A great example of how rumors get started. Can't believe anything on the Internet these days.

#47     Jan 31, 2011
  8. LeeD

LeeD

The thread is about Medved QuoteTracker.

Not sure what Quote Scope is....

#48     Jan 31, 2011
  9. TDAmeritrade say's "QuoteScope - the patent-pending online stock trading tool from TD Ameritrade - helps you visualize stock market information at a glance with an intuitive circular display. View liquidity like never before".

#49     Feb 1, 2011
  10. Garbar I am in mourning over QT. I dl the free version of multicharts and am trying to get the hang of it. Right off the bat the adding of symbols to the market scanner seems overly complicated. Is there a way to add a list of symbols in one fell swoop? In your experience, does the speed in scrolling from one symbol to the next in the scanner match up to the speed in QT? What are some of the features which you feel exceed QT. Thanks

#50     Feb 2, 2011