QuoteTracker To Be Finished End of 2011

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by garbar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Paintbars type functionality is not yet supported. We will be doing that too though.

Importing from QT into Medved Trader is only supported for Portfolios. Can't do layouts, indicators etc. Setting that up though should be pretty quick

#1731     Dec 10, 2015
  2. J_Smith

J_Smith

It's like old times again, and I must say that MT has the best charts that I have used so far, same as the old QT.

I will def be using this when I resume daytrading, as you need the best charts available

Will be testing the new chart trading feature live next week.

No prob linking to IB via the IB Gateway, and very fast to load charts, much better than ninjatrader IMHO.

J_S

Screen Shot 02-14-16 at 12.13 AM.PNG

Why the hell didn't I find this earlier, as only discovered it by chance last night:mad:

Screen Shot 02-14-16 at 12.26 AM.PNG

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    #1732     Feb 13, 2016
    bilmil and j_medved like this.
  3. J_Smith

J_Smith

Jerry, you are a genius when it comes to simple and effective charts, and well done on launching MT, as I am certain it will go well, as QT was the best software I have ever come across for daytrading, and MT is better now with chart trading.

I hope you launch the ladder, similar to booktrader, very soon, as that is a must above all else if daytrading ES and NQ.

Your drawing features are brilliant, along with other things for the charts.

J_S

Screen Shot 02-14-16 at 12.36 AM.PNG

#1733     Feb 13, 2016
    bilmil and j_medved like this.
  4. JackR

JackR

Looks like Medved Trader (MT) has replaced QT. It is a bit pricier than the old QT. You can get a one month free trial (full featured) at https://www.medvedtrader.com/www/frontend

Looks like Jerry will also offer a limited capability free version as well. Looks pretty interesting. So I guess QT is finally finished, just took a bit longer than anticipated.

Jack

#1734     Feb 14, 2016
    bilmil likes this.
  5. TD Ameritrade is finally killing QT. It will not be able to connect to TDA servers after September 1. They have been calling the clients to notify. So if you have not updated to MT yet, now is the time :)
    http://www.medvedtrader.com

We hope to have Paintbars available this summer - working on the stuff now.

#1735     Jun 30, 2016
  6. neke

neke

Thats horrible. Can you build in equivalent of server APIs for MT? (get quotes, check balances, place orders)?

#1736     Jun 30, 2016
  7. we plan to, but not sure when yet.

#1737     Jun 30, 2016
  8. @samiotis - Importing Indicators - no, can't. Charting is handled way differently in MT.
    MT doesn't have Paintbars yet :), but even so, that is not likely to happen. Parsing out and converting indicator names and the way stuff is handled in QT to the way it is handled in MT would be a large project in and of itself and not really worth it because QT Paintbars were rather limited and people had to jump through hoops to get some things done. In MT Paintbars you would be able to use all C# functionality like Conditionals, loops, Math functions, etc. so would be far better to just redo the PB in MT.

#1738     Jul 1, 2016
  9. Daal

Daal

Can you send IB hidden orders using MT? The ones with the hidden parameter of IB TWS switched on

#1739     Jul 1, 2016
  10. @Daal - TWS supports sooooo many different order types and flags on their orders... we don't support all, though do support the main stuff. Not sure what "hidden order" refers to. If you mean Iceberg Order (or also called Reserve order by some) where you place a 10,000 share trade with a display size of 100, so only 100 shows on level II, then yes, that is supported.
    If you are referring to something else, email me the details and I can see if it can be added. (support@medvedtrader.com)

#1740     Jul 1, 2016