Questions About Being A Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HighFrequencyBum, May 21, 2015.

1. jl1575

jl1575

Your logic is faulty: on one hand, 20K is underfunded; on the other, you suggested on $100 to start.
    24K and 16K may seem a lot to you, but it is not to those who make huge profit like almost printing money.
    Don't be so arrogant: IQ136 is just moderate. In my more than 10 years of professional career at Harvard, I work with close to 100 MIT Harvard graduates and I mentored some of them.

#81     May 25, 2015
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

See morons who claim to be from Harvard don't understand you can learn via forex for $500 opening min then add $100 per month as required.

That's why the big money is lost then people give up and walk away, that's what they want, give away your savings and never try again.

136 about +30 on you :)

Not huge amounts but was fun at the time.

#82     May 25, 2015
  3. jl1575

jl1575

You are wrong again: you can learn to trade Forex as little as $50 or less with Oanda. http://fxtrade.oanda.com/why/

I somewhat feel silly at such kind of meaningless debate with you. Lets move on.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    #83     May 25, 2015
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Yep, so 20k under funded want to rethink that.

Not suggesting you quit the day job and live of such a small account ofcourse, but to learn with better than demo.

Them increase when profitable.

#84     May 25, 2015
  5. Most programmers are lazy lol. Don't you guys basically write code so you don't have to do something the long way again.

Also so everybody here trades on their own, nobody actually works for a Prop Firm?

#85     May 25, 2015
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only lazy work wise, I pay hard :)

Prop firm traders aren't going to waste time on ET the ones who claim they do are likely lying.

MIT LOL

#86     May 25, 2015
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I detest losing, always have and always will. I design systems based on risk, keeping it as close to under 1% as possible, doesn't mean I always succeed, so it comes down to acceptance there after. I been at the "game" a very long time, I love the game and I do find it frustration to lose. I don't find anything Romantic about this, it is often long hours and at times a job to keep getting bad results, but one step closer to what I am trying to accomplish.

If you are trading for ANY OTHER reason than to make money, you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

All of this comes down to if you don't have a sound Trading Plan, you more often going to lose, plain and simple, nothing romantic throwing away several thousand bucks, it be better spent planning a cruise with your mate and having the time of your life than spend months of dreaming of being on a cruise after you make it.

I don't think about the money at all when I am trading, my platforms were written so I never know how each signal is doing, concentrate on being the monkey, remembering the rules, watching the clock, hearing Jeopardy theme song.

or

And when it over it is

#87     May 26, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  8. Redneck

Redneck

How crass..., vulgar..., utterly barbaric - to trade only for the purpose of making money

And here I thought you such a genteel man H123

You people need to gtfu and get a clue - or he.., I..., and a few others - will end up with your money - and not think one damn thought about it

RN

#88     May 26, 2015
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

HighFrequencyBum,

What have you decided to do ?

#89     May 26, 2015
  10. Handle123

Handle123

RN,

I would have "one damn thought" about it, how did I allow you to take any? ROFLAMO

H123

#90     May 26, 2015
    KDASFTG and Redneck like this.