Questions About Being A Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HighFrequencyBum, May 21, 2015.

1. What's troublesome to me and most of the others who are lambasting you is the blatant pride you take in being lazy. If you were representative of your entire generation then we could all work a fraction of what we do each week because that would still be 100x more than what you seemingly do yourself.

The reality is, that isn't the case at all - and you'll be left in the dust if you don't change that about yourself. I'm 31, FWIW.

#61     May 22, 2015
  2. Handle123

Handle123

That really depends on the person doing it, if you put forth same thoughts and passion as you would in real time, you will get feedback of possibility. I have often used sim trading myself to test theory if something would work profitable in high speed time areas, some ideas just can't be back tested well enough. Think it just come down to the person and who might be guiding them along as well. If you don't have passion in your what you do, then it is work.

#62     May 23, 2015
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

no problem--you're welcome.

#63     May 23, 2015
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

hey buddy, we r not talking about me, to switch discussion from the topic to discussing the opponent is a bad taste even for a redneck

see u around

#64     May 23, 2015
  5. Trading does not pay well for 99% of traders. Quite the opposite. The odds are against you. I would choose something else. And 99% of the traders who say they do make money trading have selective memory and do not 'count' their former massive losses because they don't 'trade like that anymore'.

#65     May 23, 2015
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Whatever - sitting next to a fat ass in a plane is no fun

So if you're fat - lose weight - or purchase two seats - or don't sit next to me

================================

btw;

I meant this comment more tongue in cheek - so if you think it directed at you - you are wrong

And if you overly sensitive about your weight - just how the hell was / am I supposed to know that

I have lots of imperfections - including bad taste - big f'n deal

RN

#66     May 23, 2015
  7. Gringo

Gringo

I would replace the word lazy with laid back.

#67     May 23, 2015
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

In investment finance, That's nothing to be proud of either.

#68     May 23, 2015
  9. jl1575

jl1575

Probably he was not that interested in the accounting major, and honestly accounting is quite boring as a major and is not intellectually challenging as well. Pay is also moderate, not as good as those computer/engineering college graduates that earn around 100K right out of colleges in the west coast (California).

#69     May 23, 2015
  10. Handle123

Handle123

ROFLMAO I would replace the words laid back with welfare

#70     May 23, 2015