Questions About Being A Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HighFrequencyBum, May 21, 2015.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

well it can be worse that living under the bridge...

u may find yourself killed in pursue of your calling ...

so?

do not go ?

it is up to the man to decide how he will spend his life , what risks to take , at how to pay to them

#41     May 22, 2015
  2. barcadia

barcadia

Big time! You should see my facebook feed on a Monday morning! Depressing reading. Wishing the whole week away so that they can enjoy being alive for a few hours at the weekend!
    I don't worry about wasting time. Everyone wastes time. It's a nice idea, but people can't live each day like it's their last!

#42     May 22, 2015
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Unfortunately the very young don't even know what the risks are, much less the price they carry.

But I'm not interested in getting all metaphysical about this. I'll let somebody else pick up the ball and run with it from here.

#43     May 22, 2015
  4. Handle123

Handle123

LOL, I had a student once who had lost for 30 years in a row, trust fund baby, never had a job in his life, when he lost what he put aside for the year for trading, he was done for the year, he saw as how many months he was trading as far as getting better at it. He knew more about trading that I ever will remember and yet he couldn't make money. First thing I told him to do was put in an app at McDonalds/any money he was drawing on trust fund had to stop and after a month working, contact me again, surprising he did. He said it was impossible to make ends meet and he had to go out and get second job, so then I started teaching him how to trade, didn't take all the long for him to be making nickels and dimes very consistently. I figured he lost concept of money, what it stands for, how hard it is to make when there is not enough of it. Men especially don't learn unless there is pain associated to it. So he learned about pain and risk, also, too much of looking at charts and NOT leaving one's office is not good, have to leave and do other things. This guy never going to make huge money cause he wants to be the richest man on the planet but at least now he has chance of consistent smaller profits each week. But he knows how hard it was to get to this stage, and been five years in a row where he been trading and he still works two jobs, fear of if he quits he will fall backwards again. He has lost 200 pounds to boot, he feels better and overall now happier in life.

Those that trade well realize that profits are end result of all the work that went into learning. I love the game, and playing the game well, am rewarded with doing whatever I want to do with my life, and most often that is more testing to reduce risk and reduce losses. I think those who say not to be concerned with losing, lose more often than those who want to find ways to get rid of them or minimize them. Comes down to how much work you really want to put into this craft.

#44     May 22, 2015
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

i told him what the risks are

and usually there r plenty of people who will tell the young ones what r the risks, when you go to the mountain, to army, to the trading, etc, etc....

they young ones just believe that they can do it better than others before them...

most of the times they are wrong, sometimes they are right, and that's how progress happens, that's how things happen, that's how imposable becomes possible - when some one does it !

i just do not like the fact that he come here asking us what to do

i heard a story that some young girl came to Barbara Streisand asking her advice if she should become a singer.

"No you should not", - Streisand replied

Why? , asked the girl

"Because, those who should would never ask,... they know they will become a singer" , said Streisand

#45     May 22, 2015
  6. lindq

lindq

Yes, the big problem with being young and inexperienced is that you don't know what you don't know.

That's not a sin. It's part of growing up.

But the sin is not taking advantage of the experience of others who've already walked the path.

So credit goes to the OP for at least asking.

#46     May 22, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  7. Finally some recognition! And I love the internet because it allows for so many opinions unlike my poor friend Freeway Ricky Ross :(

""I asked the wrong person." - Freeway Rick Ross

http://boingboing.net/2015/05/22/what-i-learned-about-leadershi.html

:D

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    #47     May 22, 2015
  8. Handle123

Handle123

You want recognition for wasting four years of your life? It certainly is your life and you certainly can do what you like and you will be rewarded most often by how others see you, that is if you can get a employment.

#48     May 22, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  9. That post was in jest.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    #49     May 22, 2015
  10. Handle123

Handle123

So was the four years?

#50     May 22, 2015
    lucysparabola likes this.