Prop firm trading with access to stocks and futures Market

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trader221, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Hello.
    Where to find the funds when you have a profitable trading algorithm?
    I designed a trading algorithm which cost me 5 years of work.
    I am looking for prop firms that finance traders with access to futures and stocks markets and that accept algo trading because all the prop firms I have looked at are either forex, futures or stocks only.

2. kbs

kbs

*SMB Capital* offers stock, options and futures according to themself.
    I only know them from YouTube and some Podcast Shows

3. Quanto

Quanto

Did you test your system with real data or simulated data?
    How much initial capital does it require, and how much % can it make in a year on average?

4. mikeriley

mikeriley

SMB Capitol has a very high threshold to work for their firm. It's extremely hard without showing audited consistent profits. The only exception that might get a trader in the door, is the owner likes to work with collegiate superstars.

What they profess is nonsense, as they turn away a hundred for every 1 or 2 traders they allow on their trading desk.

zdreg and trader221 like this.
  5. guru

guru

I believe some hedge funds allow running external strategies and even look for them.
    Saw this mentioned in several articles I’ve seen in the past, maybe from Bloomberg.
    Best way may be to reach out to recruiters that recruit quants for those funds. They’d at least may have more specific answers for you.

trader221 likes this.
  6. guru

guru

trader221 likes this.
  7. Quanto

Quanto

The guy first should learn the netiquette and answer the question(s) related to his own question...
    5 years worked on it? Then some results should be available...

8. RantaMin

RantaMin

Absolutely, these are crucial questions. Testing with real versus simulated data can significantly impact confidence in the algorithm's performance in live markets