Price Action - NQ

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lajax, Jan 28, 2015.

1. lajax

lajax

January 10

Premarket (1hr)

NQ 03-14 (60 Min)  10_01_2014.jpg

1m (part1)

NQ 03-14 (1 Min)  10_01_2014.jpg

1m (part 2)

NQ 03-14 (1 Min)  10_01_2014 part2.jpg

End of day - Daily

NQ 03-14 (Daily)  14_08_2013 - 09_01_2014.jpg

#11     Feb 1, 2015
  2. lajax

lajax

January 13th

Premarket - Hourly

NQ 03-14 (60 Min)  13_01_2014.jpg

1m (the day is divided in 4 parts in order to see the magnitude of the movement)

NQ 03-14 (1 Min)  13_01_2014 part 1.jpg

NQ 03-14 (1 Min)  13_01_2014 part 2.jpg

NQ 03-14 (1 Min)  13_01_2014 part 3.jpg

NQ 03-14 (1 Min)  13_01_2014 part 4.jpg

#12     Feb 2, 2015
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

What was your experience before you began marking up your charts via the SLA?

#13     Feb 2, 2015
  4. lajax

lajax

Regarding to the trading world, I started my first approach, in a university course, taking as reference the methodology of Wyckoff (I read the book once - I know I need to read it more several times :) ) . after this, I searched in the web and thanks to a professor, I arrived to your approach.

Lately, I have tried to have more discipline in the study, (one of the reasons why I started the Journal).

And regarding to the exercise, I knew that I need to see the market in terms of buyers and sellers and see the price action, exercise that I haven't done before with discipline enough and that now I see is key to understand the price action

#14     Feb 2, 2015
  5. Gringo

Gringo

Some of us had to search through the maze of many approaches before we arrived home. You on the other hand started with W! You and 40D both weren't tainted too much and it shows.

Gringo

#15     Feb 2, 2015
    lajax likes this.
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Interesting. Those who have the least experience seem to get this much easier and faster than those who've been at it for a while.

I asked partly because you appear to be picking up on it rather rapidly and partly to tell you that there's no time requirement. Some spend years at this, some months, some weeks. Whenever you feel that you'd like to play with entries and exits, go right ahead. If the results aren't satisfactory, you're always free to go back to observing for a while.

You mention the Wyckoff "book". Are you referring to his course? If so, I hope you're using the original. If not, I just provided a link.

#16     Feb 2, 2015
  7. lajax

lajax

Yes, that was the course. (thanks for the link)

Regarding to the observation phase, I will keep doing it in order to familiarize more with the NQ and after keep moving forward with my trading plan.

As always your comments are welcome, and thanks for all the feedback (Db - Gringo)

#17     Feb 2, 2015
  8. Gringo

Gringo

So your professor also liked W? That's unheard of. Usually it's fundamentals.

#18     Feb 2, 2015
  9. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

One thing Ive noticed is that most of your comments cannot be said at the time of "line or arrows", it's not only until later than one can put the price action to context or perspective.

In other words, lot of reads in hindsights that could have you believe something that is not possible to accomplish.

I believe this is why most price action traders leave old price action pattersn in the past, to sort of give justice or meaning to their work.

Some words of wisdom, don't fool or lie to yourself, even if involuntarily.

PS: This is not an attack, this is a suggestion.

#19     Feb 2, 2015
  10. lajax

lajax

Yes, he also likes W and the work of Db and follows their principles in his day trading.

Regarding to the course that he teach is an elective subject, that doesn't have any weight or score for the career, so the people who inscribed the course is because is interesting, therefore he is not conditioned to teach fundamentals and can focus only price action.

#20     Feb 2, 2015
    Gringo likes this.