People who put lots of people on block and ruin threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Businessman, Apr 26, 2024.

1. There should be limit to how many people you can 'block', if you need to block more than 5 people (or 10 max) the problem is probably you.

The 'ignore' feature should have no limit. You should be able to ignore as many people as you want, just as you can at the moment.

The 'block' function does ruin the site for other people.

When I create a thread and someone who has me blocked replies to it. And someone else replies back to that blocked reply, and now and my own thread no longer makes sense to me.

The main culprit seems to be user 'maxinger' who it appears has many people on block but can still reply to threads started by people he has blocked.

Another thread starter also noticed this, see this post.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/anyone-else-self-sabotage.379309/page-3#post-5959232

I noticed the exact same thing, he was replying to my threads as well, but has me blocked, he did not reply to my posts directly, but to other people on my thread, and i could see their replies back to him, but not his posts.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  2. poopy

poopy

Users started blocking @maxinger so he authored a whine thread.

Overnight likes this.
  3. deaddog

deaddog

Logging out to browse the threads you are interested in works.

4. maxinger

maxinger

Offenders are blocked because they are
    - creating tons of non-value-added new threads
    - very corrosive / abrasive / combative / angry / furious / mad
    and radiating toxic negative energy
    - unappreciative after help rendered
    etc

Different people use Blocks for various reasons.
    Some don't use it at all.
    To each his own.

Some members become highly agitated because they have
    to logout and login to see every single blocked and no-block post.
    Some members are OK not to see every single post.

Even with Block, people still can see each other postings
    unless there is a Super-Block function.

Obviously, I blocked @poopy and OP.

Have fun with / without Blocks

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    smallfil and Darc like this.
  5. poopy

poopy

6. Overnight

Overnight

Your concerns are known by upper management (Baron), and he refuses to do anything about it. He gets the walk of shame...

7. Yeah, but as users we can keep flagging our disgust at the Block feature, which effectively breaks the site for other members.

A simple limit to how many people you can block should be a really trivial thing to add to the forumn software.

While still allowing the ability to 'Ignore' as many people as you want because 'Ignore' doesn't break the site for others.

8. Overnight

Overnight

No sir.

Shame to Baron.

9. Darc

Darc

You'll understand the value of the Block feature when SML starts Direct Messaging you. Life's too short. You can't punch someone in the Head on here, so the Block feature is used.

Maxxy knows his stuff.

maxinger likes this.
  10. Darc

Darc

Is there a way to Block everyone, then unblock a select few - "The Chosen Ones"?

#10     Apr 27, 2024