Pension funds in China now allowed to invest....this is out of control

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Meaning what? That there are wasteful infrastructure projects? That is and was the case in Japan as well. It has an insignificant impact on the real economy.

#51     Aug 31, 2015
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Yep China's gdp is 7%+++
    With a pmi below 50 tell me how China is going to continue and show gdp north of 7%

The final Caixin/Markit manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) slipped to 47.3 in August, the lowest reading since March 2009 and down from 47.8 in July. The reading, however, was a touch better than the flash reading of 47.1.

#52     Sep 1, 2015
  3. S2007S

S2007S

You keep thinking that....

You don't think those infrastructure projects are wasteful? I don't think you have seen one video on what these ghost city infrastructures look like.....their gdp is inflated by these worthless means of what they consider growth....

#53     Sep 1, 2015
  4. Maybe not 7 but definitely above 5% even excluding any and all wasteful infrastructure projects.

#54     Sep 1, 2015
  5. Lol so you don't trust the gdp numbers cause you find then inflated but you think the purchasing manager index is assessed correctly. Funny logic you apply there.

#55     Sep 1, 2015
  6. Sure but you can count those wasteful projects on one or two hands. You erroneously extrapolate to the whole economy. 5% growth is there to stay for at least another 10-15 years.

#56     Sep 1, 2015
  7. i960

i960

You've got some serious Sino-love going on there dude; what's the story?

#57     Sep 1, 2015
  8. hmm, and you seem to change your mind every 5 minutes. One second I had no clue about programming according to some of your posts, the other second you lauded some of the posts in which I shared some coding insights. Then you seemed to have issues I made a point that for many foreigners (like Luis) Shenzhen (in China fyi) is a whore house (Luis walked all of us in explicit details through his Shenzhen "getaways" as married guy) and now you complain I praise China? A bit bizarre to be honest.

But to enlighten you, I do not profess love for one country or another, neither hate. I look at realities and try to deduce tradable information. While every country cooks its books one way or another (or are you calling the reported unemployment in the US realistic numbers, or the constant terminology changes in US GAAP accounting in order to make pre tax profit look better?) growth in China is undebatable. Just because there are couple wasted infrastructure projects does not reflect on the overall demand and growth within China. I do see that China in the past years has become very self-confident, almost proud and arrogant, in its international and diplomatic dealings with the outside world. Furthermore have rich Chinese moved into many parts of the world where they happily drive their Ferraris and show off their wealth (legally earned or not). So, I do understand how nations such as the US with their waning international influence become jealous and act in very similar ways than the "United Kingdom" has behaved after the height of the industrial revolution. All that I understand. But we should all still stick to facts and truths. One such truth is that China has a lot to catch up with and >5% growth rates are completely given over the next 10-15 years. And I do not even understand why that should come as a surprise to some. A nation with more than a billion people that have been starved off consumption and have been prevented to seek happiness and self-actualization are let lose on consumption and capitalism. Whats the surprise here? I do not get it.

#58     Sep 1, 2015
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Oh... you've already started missing your shrink sessions i'm afraid. Thought I stressed a couple of times already how dry is SZ, especially for westerners. I also stressed you are speaking out of your ass when it is about your alleged first hand experience with the city ( ie you are lying ) which is not surprising to anyone used to your posts.

Besides i960 don't worry, Voly will soon enough wear again his hongkie coat and start spouting anti chinese mainland propaganda - oh it seems he is already back on actually.

We have Aholes on this website, we also have nutcases, this voly dude is a mix of both.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    #59     Sep 1, 2015
    apdxyk likes this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

to be honest I don't trust any numbers out of china, gdp pmi xyz abc 123, I don't care what numbers they show, all I'm saying is gdp figures are off, I would say china gdp is lucky to be even in 5-6% range...

#60     Sep 1, 2015