Paul Tudor Jones Trading Rules

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JamesL, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Great-- sounds like a highly effective plan. Just screen for stocks trading above their 200 day SMA and go LONG!

Have you implemented this wisdom?

surf

#41     Jul 16, 2015
  2. I would imagine that's the first filter. Would you really expect him to go into much further detail?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    #42     Jul 16, 2015
  3. Ken Busch

Ken Busch

Thanks for posting this

#43     Jul 19, 2015
  4. truetype

truetype

Tudor back in the news today -

Paul Tudor Jones’ New Hedge Fund Pitch: Low, Low Prices
    Tudor’s flagship fund ended 2016 roughly flat despite a run-up in the U.S. stock market
    By ROB COPELAND
    Updated Feb. 27, 2017 12:24 p.m. ET

Paul Tudor Jones for years charged some of the highest fees in the hedge-fund industry. Now the billionaire is cutting them for the second time in eight months.

#44     Feb 27, 2017
  5. ninner

ninner

I am PTJ unknown student… He is an amazing trader and man

#45     Feb 19, 2024
  6. At no one in particular:

I understand a bounce off the MA200,but once it progresses north,isnt price likely to try to revert to the MA200?

I dont actually see this a lot(revert to MA200)but when Im factoring it in to my trading Im conflicted as to whether being above the MA200 is bullish or whether its a big magnet making it bearish.

Maybe the magnet analogy is accurate and it only comes in to play within a certain distance from price?

#46     Feb 20, 2024
  7. I think MAs are useful as reference points, but not as triggers. Just my own personal experience.

#47     Feb 20, 2024
    semperfrosty likes this.