O'Reilly gives a spot on assessment of the Ferguson situation.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 21, 2014.

1. Where did you hear he was about to enter college "in a few days"? Was he going to be smoking those cigars he stole on his way to class? Or maybe sell them for some money to buy some dope? Or help fund his college education?

#51     Aug 22, 2014
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I heard the college thing on TV. Though it sounds made up to me, probably by his parents.
    Brown doesn't strike me as college material.

Oh, and I loved the "good ole days"

#52     Aug 22, 2014
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

No, I have presented FACTS from 13 years of interacting with administrators, teachers, students and their parents .... both in 'successful' schools and 'failing' schools. The FACTS are irrefutable.

#53     Aug 22, 2014
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

He just graduated high school in August .... given his academic achievements I don't think he was headed for any accredited college.

#54     Aug 22, 2014
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What data? I saw two charts, neither of which had anything to do with any of his points.

Sure, it's actual data. You could have just put up average temperatures in August in Monaco and it would have been "actual data" if that was what you were going for.

#55     Aug 22, 2014
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Those who are genuinely interested in this whole "parents are to blame for everything" tack may want to look at the whole Rahm Emanuel/Chicago, Wm Hite/Philadelphia business. One can't help but wonder why these black parents are protesting so vehemently if they are so disinterested in their children's education.

#56     Aug 22, 2014
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm sure the union is front and center in that protesting. I'd like to know the $ spent per student in those closed school, the avg. graduation rate, and how many parents - who are protesting now - actually took any interest in helping their children while they are/were in school.

No one is saying other factors have nothing to do with the success of children in schools (money, teachers, etc). What we are saying is that the first line of defense against dropping out and bad behavior, etc, are the parents and it is their influence that sets that tone.

#57     Aug 22, 2014
  8. dave74

dave74

Brilliant stuff by O'Reilly. Glad to see someone in the media speaking the truth.

#58     Aug 25, 2014
  9. Are you really saying that cops are killing more black males than other black males?

#59     Aug 26, 2014
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

This is it in a nutshell...it doesnt matter if its from 2 parents that have great paying jobs or from a single grandmother who worked 2 jobs. Sorry, but you just don't get this from the black community in a consistent basis. Many are to busy chasing the dragon.

#60     Aug 26, 2014