Only 50% Of Scientists Blame Mankind for Climate Change In New Study

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Nov 20, 2014.

1. That's right. Climate change will result in more frequent extreme snow events, as we just saw in Buffalo and more prolonged outbreaks of cold. I would try to explain to you but frankly it is beyond your capability to understand.

It will at the same time result in less springtime snow cover. This is already happening.

#31     Nov 22, 2014
  2. A combination of things. Natural causes from solar energy, volcanic eruptions, ocean-atmospheric exchange, and yes, burning of fossil fuels. I don't deny that we are experiencing a climate shift. I don't deny that burning fossil fuels is a contributing factor. I just don't think that any of the four things I listed are happening at a level, either individually or in concert with each other, that will take us to some cataclysmic event. Can that change? Yes? Should we be making an effort to control our participation in the process? Yes, and we are. Is it a cause for concern? Yes. Should we be in a state of panic. IMO, no, not at this time. Any evidence that I see has me concluding that the path we were on 30 years ago is leveling out.
    BTW, the real solution to carbon emissions is not solar and wind. It's nuclear. Tremendous advances have been made in how it's processed and more importantly, reduction in contamination and waste. If we could get our energy policy to be based upon actual science and not a hyperventilated movie from 1979 we could get ahead of this.

#32     Nov 23, 2014
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually this has been a "cause for concern" for a century. Given that we have done more or less zip in that time is reason for "accelerated" concern.

#33     Nov 23, 2014
  4. wjk

wjk

Well I guess that all those unsightly wind farms, solar fields, all that anti pollution stuff in my engines, all that ethanol damaging some of my smaller and older engines, all the weakening of my vehicles safety features to make them more fuel efficient by making them lighter (CAFE), the upgraded scrubbers in my power plant that I got charged for in my power bills, and the list is nearly endless... are all just a figment of my imagination.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    #34     Nov 23, 2014
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And all of that has helped. Yet we continue to poison the water, the land, and the air. Would it be worse without our efforts? Probably. How much? Who knows? But what we've done isn't nearly enough.

#35     Nov 23, 2014
  6. jem

jem

there is no science which shows man made co2 causes warming.

if they were you would produce the link to the paper.

And, we would all know the author because he or she would be celebrated every weekend in the New York Times and on the Weekend media every time Congress wanted to take more of our freedoms... much like Gruber was but bigger.

#36     Nov 23, 2014

7. And you are a liar and a troll. Shut the fuck up already.

#37     Nov 23, 2014

8. Well you can guess, but the experts say it's due to man's release of CO2 and other greenhouse gasses. It's not from solar or volcanoes or the ocean. They know it is not. Period. I would post the chart again that shows the concurrent recent rise in temps and CO2 but I'm sure you have seen it and some people seem to be freaking out about repeating the same charts so I won't post it here again.

American Chemical Society
    "Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem."

American Geophysical Union
    "Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013)5

I do absolutely agree with you about nuclear. It needs to be much bigger part of the solution. Even the existing technology is the safest form of power that we have. It is actually currently safer than wind and solar and hydro. Hard to believe but it's true.

#38     Nov 23, 2014
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

[​IMG]

#39     Nov 23, 2014
  10. jem

jem

this is how trolls respond when you ask them for the science.
    next he will post something about what a ghc theory is

but no science showing man made co2 causes warming.

#40     Nov 23, 2014