oh no...jim rogers says the fed will save the markets ONE last time!!!! I hope he isnt serious..

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Sep 1, 2015.

1. londonkid

londonkid

I actually agree with him. I have said before in posts that I believe QE4 will happen. Sick patient needs more morphine.

#11     Sep 1, 2015
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

S2007S was shorting the market at SPX 1000.

#12     Sep 1, 2015
  3. zdreg

zdreg

your remark has no validity without knowing his other positions

#13     Sep 1, 2015
  4. destriero

destriero

Right. He's been long the NDX the entire time he's been a "generational move" bear. Right.

#14     Sep 1, 2015
  5. zdreg

zdreg

#15     Sep 1, 2015
  6. I thought farmers were going to be driving Lamborghinis.

#16     Sep 2, 2015
    ScalperJoe likes this.
  7. Ha ha, good one! I do remember him saying that publicly.

If SPX goes to 1,400 or 1,000 or back to 666, just remember that EVERY downturn in the market, regardless of reason, has recovered over the course of time. So pick your propaganda, it doesn't matter. QE infinity, China, bond yields, the dollar, Yellen, whatever.

Just keep modifying the portfolio to raise more cash and buy the dip.

#17     Sep 2, 2015
  8. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Seems if QE4 is on the way and sp500 headed to 1400 there is, as Mr. Rogers says, money in the corner of the room to walk over and pick up.
    With spot 3 month libor at 33 bp. and December Eurodollar futures contract EDZ15 priced
    at 99.53 , this contract will surely drift up to 99.67 and expire for a 14bp profit of $350 usd.
    (All things equal, a stable libor)
    An excellent return on low margin. You all in on this? Sure thing?

#18     Sep 2, 2015
  9. Handle123

Handle123

I am huge fan of Jim Rogers. Since August of 2014 I been shorting S&P500 E-mini futures contracts on new contract highs using two minute charts. I hedge every opening position and overall have done nicely. First target is 40 points and no target on second, it is the only way for me to make huge homerun trades, I have tested hundreds of long term methods past twenty five years. Worst thing you can do is have trailing stops and other day I finally got out of Copper position after 4.8 year trade. Most of bigger firms do options around their positions to get risk close to zero.

So just because YOU can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done. You don't know how many option spreads he is carrying around his short position.

#19     Sep 2, 2015
  10. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Being wrong is normal when you are a trader/investor.
    You can make lots of money and being wrong half of time.
    The greatest made enormous mistakes : Soros, Druckenmiller, Robertson etc.
    But that was their good reaction to bad trades / luck etc. that explain why they are still rich.
    If you don't get it, you will always be full of jealousy and stay as an amateur.

CM

#20     Sep 2, 2015
    ElCubano and piezoe like this.