Odumbo To Make Nice With Communists, Now...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Dec 17, 2014.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I'll repeat yet again that there is nothing more to the quote. It's a news story from CBS.

So moron you need to contact CBS News and let them know you disagree with the punctuation even though you are wrong. Unfortunately, you apparently don't know much about people being quoted as it's 100% correct as written and there is nothing more to the quote. Want more examples in the same story?

"I think people forget that we've lived in the White House for six years," the first lady told People magazine.

"The small irritations or indignities that we experience are nothing compared to what a previous generation experienced," he said.

"We have made progress," the president told BET Networks last week in an interview.

The reason there is NOT a period at the end of the quote is that it's not the end of the sentence. It's a quote followed by "he said" which then ends the sentence.

I'll assume your education is very limited!!! No, I know it's limited ... go get a GED.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    #71     Dec 18, 2014
  2. U.S. Companies Clamor to Do Business in New Cuban Market

PepsiCo wants in. So do Caterpillar and Marriott International.

Within hours of President Obama’s historic move to restore full diplomatic relations with Cuba, companies in the United States were already developing strategies to introduce their products and services to a market they have not been in for the better part of 50 years — if ever.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/19/business/us-businesses-assess-cuba.html

#72     Dec 19, 2014
  3. Ricter

Ricter

But first, they'll have to go through the children of the children of the aggrieved Cuban expats in Florida.

#73     Dec 19, 2014
  4. and ''half a sip'' rubio.

#74     Dec 19, 2014

5. Holy smokes, you are a typical right wing nitwit. If you can't understand that what follows the comma can completely change the meaning then there is really no use discussing the issue with you.

But I'm a masochist so....

What if, after the comma he says "or something similar"? Now it becomes "There's no black male my age, who's a professional, who hasn't come out of a restaurant and is waiting for their car and somebody didn't hand them their car keys,............................................................ OR SOMETHING SIMILAR."

The first partial statement seems ridiculous on the face of it. The COMPLETE statement is quite reasonable.

Once again you idiot righties take shit out of context and fall all over yourselves trying to disparage Obama.

Without the rest of the statement it is useless. Get it now?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    #75     Dec 19, 2014
  6. Oh BTW, Newsflash for the dumb righties. Speaking the truth about the fact that racism still exists does NOT make someone a racist. I thought this was obvious but to the moron right it apparently is not.

#76     Dec 19, 2014
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Speaking the truth about racial issues does not make someone a racist.

Stirring the racial pot to drive your political career makes someone a racist.

#77     Dec 19, 2014

8. And stating the truth about racism is not "stirring the pot" , it's facing the facts, something righties have a hard time doing for some reason.

Newsflash for the dumb righties.....ignoring a problem does NOT make it disappear. I know they seem to think that ignorance is bliss but sheep "think" like that also.

Mmmm, leg of lamb.

#78     Dec 19, 2014
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

FC is an uneducated moron. Apparently he's not even graduated from high school. The FACT he fails to comprehend how sentence structure works certainly suggests that.

I'd put him on Ignore but his posts are so funny when they indicate such ignorance.

#79     Dec 19, 2014
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

But he did NOT say "or something similar" ... what he said was reported by every major news outlet. There is no "rest of the statement" ......

#80     Dec 19, 2014