NUGT/DUST

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by fxwizard, Aug 26, 2015.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Agree...tomorrow I think gold could swing wildly tomorrow after fed meets.

#41     Sep 16, 2015
  2. fxwizard

fxwizard

They're (owners of NUGT) going to be forced to pay cash for those odd shares at the end of today due to the announced reverse split. That's the same as them buying up those odd shares.

Game plan is to pay as cheaply as possible for those odd shares, which is why I believe NUGT will close as low as possible today. Now, after they've bought all those shares, they will want to sell them. So, we could see a HUGE gap up tomorrow!

#42     Sep 30, 2015
  3. fxwizard

fxwizard

Of course, there is the other viewpoint, where most ppl who trade NUGT already knew about the upcoming reverse split, so they made sure to end up without the extra shares the day prior to the split, in which case, the NUGT market makers would have to buy up very little shares from the ppl who have an odd number of shares at the end of the day prior to the split.

Which means, the other offensive tactic is to trip up those ppl who think NUGT will soar after the split. I mean, if the market maker paid cash for very little to no shares, there would be no incentive to mark NUGT up after said split date...

#43     Sep 30, 2015
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Im very confused by your posts, NUGT doesn't act on its own, it doesn't trade like a stock its tied to the NYSE Arca GoldMiners Index.....so when that index moves in one direction NUGT moves with it. Thats how NUGT works, it doesn't trade on its own.....if NUGT soars after the split its because the NYSE ARCA GOLDMINERS INDEX IS SOARING AS WELL!!!

#44     Sep 30, 2015
  5. fxwizard

fxwizard

Well, I should clear up this confusion. NUGT/DUST and ETFs in general, were created to give people easy access to the futures market. On the planet we live in businesses are shrouded by shady tactics and cartels. Just look to the Microsoft-Intel cartel for instance. ETFs are a form of business. There's a high probability whoever owns NUGT/DUST/JDST/JNUG are in the know with the people who directly manipulate gold prices on the futures market(s). Means they will co-operate if it's in advantage to either party involved, just like the MS-Intel cartel.

If NUGT wants to pay a low price at the end of the day for the odd shares, it will be done by the gold manipulators. IMHO, this is the reason why I don't give a f*** about what gold is doing, b/c in a cartel, one party influences the other(s) and vice versa...

(Btw, think it's a coincidence NUGT is trading closest to the lowest of the past 10 days on the day prior to the announced reverse split?)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    #45     Sep 30, 2015
  6. fxwizard

fxwizard

Well, it seems I've left out something important. JDST is having a reverse split too. But in terms of effects on the market, JNUG + NUGT reverse splits outnumber JDST...

#46     Sep 30, 2015
  7. fxwizard

fxwizard

Muahahaha I'm starting to scalp NUGT/DUST after I've seen for 30 trading days the market wouldn't give me a 20% from a proper setup (bottom fishing doesn't count). Bought NUGT yesterday in the afternoon sold this morning on HUGE gap up.

I'm looking for NUGT to go up a bit more before I fade it by buying DUST...

Market maker paid about 2.9 for those odd shares during the reverse split. Marking NUGT up 10% of that price should make it easy to dispose of those shares...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    #47     Oct 2, 2015
  8. fxwizard

fxwizard

I'm going to call this next play the Trader CIS play: "Buy stocks that are being bought [by the house]. Sell stocks that are being sold..."

#48     Oct 2, 2015
  9. S2007S

S2007S

JDST looking good again. Ill be buying it under $30 which is about $7.50-$8.00 pre split

I used to trade NUGT under $2.80 and JDST under $10

Missed out on NUGT this week since I wasn't paying attention due to reverse split but will gladly buy it again under $27 when it does get there, maybe $25.

#49     Oct 2, 2015
  10. fxwizard

fxwizard

Look at all that friggin distribution in NUGT!! Totally flatlined the price today!! I'm thinking the market maker must have bought a quarter to half a percent of the total outstanding shares (in odd shares). That's like a huge truckload of money to them. Must be pretty sweet selling all of that for close to 10% profit...

Btw, I was off by 1 day in terms of predicting the HUGE gap up in NUGT. I'm guessing it takes 1 business day for the brokers to report back to them how many odd shares they had per client, hence the 1 day delay...

#50     Oct 2, 2015