NUGT/DUST

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by fxwizard, Aug 26, 2015.

1. fxwizard

fxwizard

It's over! NUGT has lost all rally potential when it crossed over 2.90. It could go up to as high as 3.1. But in the medium term of the next 10-20 trading days, it will be the top.

As to why I didn't grab some of NUGT yesterday or today AM, rallying to 3.1 from 2.66 would have given me 15% at best at the potential risk of losing 10% or more should the trade go sour. I want 20% or more when I assume a risky position such as in the ETFs!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    #11     Aug 27, 2015
  2. I just sold NUGT. I bought yesterday for 2.76 and exited at 2.94. Quick little trade

#12     Aug 27, 2015
    fxwizard likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

NICE, Im still holding on, when NUGT MOVES it MOVESSSSS, Im going to wait patiently for $4.00 once it jumps to $4.00+ or even $5.00 Ill sell and will then get into JDST under $9, if you can time these perfect there is money to be made. Thats as long as gold stays in these trading range of 1080-1200,

#13     Aug 27, 2015
    FCXoptions likes this.
  4. fxwizard

fxwizard

Assuming we live in a perfect world, then the absolute toppest point of this rally is 3.25. But the market is often inefficient, so we could see NUGT peak between 3.1 and 3.25!

Whenever I calculate a target price, I always go for the most inefficient price point which would be 3.1 for current NUGT viewpoint!

#14     Aug 27, 2015
  5. fxwizard

fxwizard

Here's the part where the ETFs cheat. I see NUGT fluctuating below 3.1 and back to it several times for the next while (2-5 days), while DUST continues lower and lower. Yeah, I know it sucks, but that's how the ETFs work anyways...

#15     Aug 27, 2015
  6. S2007S

S2007S

With all those price target predictions where do you see the s$p in the next 24 hours. Seems you can time NUGT to perfection and thats a GOLD 3X ETF....

#16     Aug 27, 2015
  7. fxwizard

fxwizard

I already told you man, I also told you the $p you could expect if you were to meet an Angel with no egoistic imperfections!

(Btw, the part that you're assuming is I'm trading NUGT/DUST for the gold part. I couldn't give a rat's behind what gold is doing. All I'm doing to trade/time NUGT/DUST is using stuff I already learned in the FX market. In other words, stuff that worked in FX should work in NUGT/DUST or any other trading instruments out there. Also couldn't give a rat's a&& if it's a 3x or 9x ETF, they all look the same to me --- except NUGT/DUST are my main man/woman b/c of the exceptional liquidity over something like JDST).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    #17     Aug 27, 2015
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Gold is what moves NUGT and DUST, not the other way around....

#18     Aug 27, 2015
  9. fxwizard

fxwizard

Sorry man, but my viewpoint is chart setups move rallies not commodities.

#19     Aug 27, 2015
  10. fxwizard

fxwizard

Why I use the most inefficient price target rather than absolute top whenever I project prospective profits: It's often the highest or near highest price point where I know there will be plenty of shares on the bid side waiting to soak up my ask!

#20     Aug 27, 2015