NRA Hijinks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Certainly better than Judy Garland fantasies. I have this horrid visual of you effeminately dancing through your apartment singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

#41     Aug 28, 2014
    stoic likes this.
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Thinking realistically admits to the problems, which I do.

I explain the violence in the inner cities by way of youth unemployment.

#42     Aug 28, 2014
  3. Ricter

Ricter

#43     Aug 28, 2014
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If you were thinking realistically, you would understand why none of what you propose would ever work. Though you did qualify your statements with the "I am not advocating this", so that's something.

The discussion is not about what drives violence in the inner city. It is about what to do about the millions of illegal guns in circulation during any type of gun ban.

Thus far, I've not heard of anyone come up with any solution to that (nor have I been able to think about one myself).

#44     Aug 28, 2014
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

As for guns "wearing out". There are still civil war era guns in perfect working order. A modern firearm properly maintained? I see no reason most of the better ones couldn't last several hundred years or more.

#45     Aug 28, 2014
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The end state already exists in a few societies, so it is doable, if the achieving of it would be difficult.

Do something about youth unemployment, even mandatory military service, and much of this drug turf battling goes away.

#46     Aug 28, 2014
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

All of those links you put forth (with Google's help) seem to quote the same NY times article. Odd that Gallup shows differently:

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993

PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-seven percent of American adults currently report that they have a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property. This is up from 41% a year ago and is the highest Gallup has recorded since 1993, albeit marginally above the 44% and 45% highs seen during that period.

[​IMG]

(more after the link)

#47     Aug 28, 2014
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Great strategic vision. Could even be true. But the tactical execution part is severely lacking.

#48     Aug 28, 2014
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

#49     Aug 28, 2014
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Lol @ "with googles help". How did you find the Gallup link?

#50     Aug 28, 2014