NRA Hijinks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Aug 27, 2014.

1. SIUYA

SIUYA

Tsing Tao - I have read it, and yes throwing your hands up and saying it aint going to happen is one option. Actually trying to implement small changes or actually trying to eliminate a threat that you are so worried about - illegal weapons, is actually a positive thing. Even if it takes 100 years.
    While I agree its unlikely to happen for a number of reasons, and the 3d printer changes the game again....it seems very un American to just give up.

If folks think that its not a problem, and just the price then accept it, move on and rather than use it as an excuse, accept its a natural consequence of a policy/culture that is part of the way you choose to live. Given the fear of illegal weapons is normally coming from those who like guns then surely its a problem they would like to at least attempt to fix with something other than - more guns.
    As to how you are going to do it - there are lots of possible solutions that are put up (such as this personalised gun) and yet isnt a large part of the debate simply wasted resources and rather than focused on how to fix problems it becomes one of fear, denial and absolutes (on both sides of the debate)

#331     Sep 24, 2014
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

1. It isn't a problem. Many more people each year are killed with cars, knives, and other methods. The FBI data has been posted so often it's ridiculous.

2. You can't get rid of the illegal weapons. There are an estimated 4 million illegal firearms on the streets (which means it's twice that number in actuality).

I'm still waiting for you to provide your solution. But to avoid repeating the same mistakes others have tried to use in a debate, I suggest you read the thread. It starts with this post:

http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/nra-hijinks.286153/page-2#post-4016408

#332     Sep 24, 2014
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is THAT the plan for our war on illegal drugs? How's that working anyway?
    Drugs are smuggled into this country daily - by the ton. You don't think that can't be done with weapons so long as there is a demand?

#333     Sep 24, 2014
  4. you mean without weapons right , luke ?

#334     Sep 24, 2014
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Man will never fly, Siuya.

#335     Sep 24, 2014
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Dude, what is it with your obsession in following Lucrum around all the time?

#336     Sep 24, 2014
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Couple days ago spike hair asked for a photo of me masturbating, literally.

#337     Sep 24, 2014
  8. .:D.

i didn't.

#338     Sep 24, 2014
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh look, in addition to being a simple minded dumb ass moronic stalker. Spike is also a liar.

Since Ricter "liked" it I guess that means he wants to see me masturbating as well.

#339     Sep 24, 2014
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum