No, Sec. of State John Kerry did not say refrigerators are as bad as ISIS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Secretary of State John Kerry wants ISIS to destroy every living thing on the planet.

Of course he doesn't - but you wouldn't know it from the way the right wing twisted a harmless remark by Kerry into more evidence that the Obama Administration doesn't care about fighting terrorism.

The facts: It wasn't widely reported in the credible press, but on Friday, Kerry was in Vienna to renegotiate the 1987 Montreal Protocol - you know, the environmental treaty that phased out chemicals that had ripped a hole in the ozone layer and, perhaps, saved humanity. Let's put aside for a second that the Montreal Protocol is considered one of the most successful environmental treaties; for now, let's stick to Kerry's supposedly outrageous comments.

In a pep talk to the bureaucrats and scientists who were working on the new treaty, Kerry reflected on the kind of week he'd had:

"(On Thursday), I met in Washington with 45 nations - defense ministers and foreign ministers - as we were working together on the challenge of [ISIS], and terrorism," Kerry said. "It's hard for some people to grasp it, but what we - you - are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself."

So what did he say? To my ears, Kerry said that fighting terror is very important, which is why he met with those 45 international leaders. But he also said fighting global warming and the demise of the ozone layer is also important.

Here's what my headline might have been: "John Kerry says U.S. is responding to multiple threats to Mankind simultaneously."

Or, "John Kerry: ISIS can kill a lot of people, but a hole in the ozone layer is pretty much 'Game over.'"

Here's how the Right Wing headlined the story:

"Kerry Really Said It - Refrigerators Are As Deadly As ISIS," ran the headline on Rick Wells' conservative blog, Constitution Rising.

Cliffs; What Kerry said is true and dumb right wingers can't comprehend anything longer than a headline from a right wingnut "news source" and hysterically shout about it and confirm that they have the reading comprehension and science logic of a newt.

Ricter likes this.
  2. how much has the State Department reduced their Carbon Footprint this election season? That's how much they care

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. jem

jem

I realize as a air condtioner sales and repair eco terrorist... this is important to you...

so lets focus on what this democrat dingbat said....

"(On Thursday), I met in Washington with 45 nations - defense ministers and foreign ministers - as we were working together on the challenge of [ISIS], and terrorism,"Kerry said. "It's hard for some people to grasp it, but what we - you - are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself."

4. jem

jem

So if Kerry is correct and man made global warming is a large a threat as Isis... surely the left can show us the science showing man made co2 causes warming?

So... go ahead and list all the peer reviewed papers showing Kerry was right. you know the ones accepted and reviewed by peers which say man made co2 causes warming?

5. Ozone. Not CO2. Is what Kerry was talking about. Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

6. oh shit, not another ozone shortage. I lived through the last one and it was a real bitch.

7. jem

jem

lets... try this again...you troll...

your article ... said this...
    "But he also said fighting global warming" and the demise of the ozone layer....

do you read the words fighting global warming?
    so don't be such a lying troll.

By the way he also says the gas you are selling is thousands of times more potent than CO2.

You are a merchant of eco terrorism. By your own standards you are part of the ISIS of eco terrorism.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

8. The A/C thing is about the ozone. Take your meds. You are getting hysterical again. Do you have rabies?

9. jem

jem

the pre Montreal protocal ac "thing" was about saving the ozone.

the new ac thing is about the gas you sell which are 2000 times more powerful than co2.
    why are you lying your ass off. You know the difference between... between R-22 and R-410A...

you now sell the stuff 2000 times more powerful for a living. you know I understand that and yet you still couldn't stop yourself from lying. the lack of integrity you lefties have to state I need the meds when you are the troll how sells eco terrorism for your job.

10. Ricter

Ricter

You don't believe in that mechanism, though.

#10     Jul 27, 2016