Ninja Trader Platform with IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NeoTrader, Apr 30, 2015.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Like I said before, you can not go wrong with Ninja Trader. There only limitation in Ninja is that they do not support options.

#11     May 1, 2015
  2. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Thanks.a lot for the help! I'm really enjoying Ninja Indeed.

#12     May 1, 2015
  3. Does IB still offer target orders entries in traderworkstation classic mode? The platform seems to be different from the older videos I've seen on youtube. I cannot seem to find the simple target order entry button when I click trade it allows for order entry but needs major entry adjustments before being able to enter an order. Making it inadequate to make quick entries. The IB site shows how to make bracketed orders (which take forever). Some insight on how to setup target orders is greatly appreciated

#13     May 1, 2015
  4. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

One of the main reasons I find it difficult is to configure orders in TWS is this. Currently, I almost always enter with market orders to get in and out, but when I want to take partial profits at a certain point, it is very complicated. You can configure the "hot buttons" to do practically anything you want previously, but then you almost have to have one button to every decision or type of order you might want to use on the way. That isn't pratical and the screen gets very "poluted". It's nothing that would make trading impossible, but ...

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    #14     May 1, 2015
  5. tortoise

tortoise

FYI, I use both NinjaTrader and MultiCharts. NinjaTrader is inferior, IMHO.

#15     May 1, 2015
  6. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

That is why I opened this thread! Thanks! Why do you think that? Why does multicharts have that ninja doesn't?

#16     May 1, 2015
  7. tortoise

tortoise

For one thing, superior charting, multi-threaded. In my experience, MultiCharts never lags or crashes. NinjTrader, on the other hand, appears to be more finicky.

For another, great customer support. You can live chat with someone. Heck you can even call them. NinjaTrader is good about answer queries on the forum but that's second-best in my view.

I can't think of anything NinjaTrader does that MultiCharts doesn't do better.

#17     May 1, 2015
  8. I used NT with IB and was very happy with that.

Later on, as I was experimenting with tick- and volume-charts, I used IB + IQ-Feed + NT.

Also worked like a charm. : )

#18     May 1, 2015
  9. I use Ninja + IB +Kinetick. With that combo Ninja does not calculate MFE & MAE on trades. If you use just Ninja and IB it does do the calculations. Ninja is aware of this problem but hasn't fixed it yet. Being that kinetick is their 'preferred' provider I was not happy to discover this. Hopefully ninja ver 8 will correct it.

#19     May 4, 2015
    xandman likes this.
  10. xandman

xandman

That's great intel. Have you considered a third party application to export your data for analysis? Ofc with NT8 comming out it may not be necessary.

#20     May 4, 2015