Newbie looking for a platform/advice

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CShaw88, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

My broker is FXCM, but if you open a FXCM account enabled to trade off the TI platform, then you can open an account Mini account, which you can still trade Micro with and gives you DAX/US30 which you don't get with a micro account normally, it was $300, this was a while back might of changed.

Message TI, they'll clear it up I'm sure, there good, charting software if you want to trade off your phone / 3g tablet is great, no extra charges, they get a commision, but you can trade off the FXCM PC app which is really nice still, no issues, same as normal and ignore the charting phone apps if you want.

Just gets you a Mini account opened for Micro funding :)

TI do there own account, but FX only sadly :( Not sure if I'd trust them with my funds directly though, there new and small.

www.tradeinterceptor.com ( I don't work for LOL )

#11     Jan 23, 2015
  2. CShaw88

CShaw88

From what I can see, FXCM's smallest account is $2,000.... :(

Standard Active Trader Private Client Group
    Balance $2,000 or greater $25,000 or greater $150,000 or greater
    FX Lot Size 1,000 1,000 1,000

#12     Jan 23, 2015
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Okay open a fxcm via TI contact them, ask then to setup a FXCM account, they let me do it for $300 :) . Is a cheat.

Handy to of you want to trade away from your pc.

#13     Jan 23, 2015
  4. CShaw88

CShaw88

So I need to contact TI and they will open a FXCM account for me? Not sure if that sounds right..

#14     Jan 23, 2015
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Speak to them you open a fxcm account with them signing permission for them to pass trades from you is easy i did it funded full account with $300.

Email TI for details, make out your going to trade there software :)

Anyone else got a cheap broker that will work with £500 and allow dax and us30?

#15     Jan 23, 2015
  6. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

You might also want to look at collective2.com where you'll find hundreds of trading strategies.

#16     Jan 23, 2015
  7. Trader13

Trader13

I suggest you make a distinction between your analysis requirements (charts, indicators, backtesting) and your execution requirements (orders, position mgmt). You may realize you need a different platform for each, or you might be able to find a single platform that supports all your needs.

#17     Jan 23, 2015
  8. CShaw88

CShaw88

Well I've opened a FXCM Demo account via TI but I can't register it on TI....it gives an error. Not sure if the server is down or something.

What platforms do you guys use for YM/ES etc?

#18     Jan 24, 2015
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Cant access FXCM at all over the weekend, try tomorrow night 10pm area.

Most are on proper future accounts, there big money.

Just get a forex account ? Loads of those starting at $50, forex was dead why i moved to DAX but I'm trading forex and dax these days, moving well. Trading is trading, get you started.

TI can do that, trade off your phone at work, get a Note or something, iphone 6plus, the PC based software looked nasty a few years back though be warned. Might of improved!

#19     Jan 24, 2015
  10. Before you worry about what platform to trade on, develop a strategy that you can be confident will work.

#20     Jan 24, 2015
    d08 likes this.