NEW YORK TIMES BURIES NEWS OF OFFICER WILSON'S INJURY

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Yet you post articles that rely on obviously false narratives. We know the officer has a broken face. We have tapes of eye witnesses discussing it in what they thought was a private conversation.

But let's just stick to the fiction that the officer stopped them for no reason, then was so terrified of being around black people that he shot Brown when he had surrendered.

#31     Aug 21, 2014
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And how long did it take this "broken face" to surface? And how do you know your "eye witnesses" thought their conversation was private?

You'd be great in a courtroom.

#32     Aug 21, 2014
    Ricter likes this.
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Correct. And in addition to that, ALL vision turns to what is called "tunnel vision," meaning all a person sees is (forgive my description), directly in front of them, with all side peripheral vision completely blacked (I called it "buzzing out" due to the sound in the ears.) Best way I can describe it is, roll up a piece of paper, like we all did when we were kids, in the shape of a "funnel," then look through it. It's only speculation on my part, but I would bet my left leg that he hit tunnel vision in less than two blinks of the eyes.

Now that the officer has such "lovely" vision, let's factor in the that he's basically pretty scrawny from the pic I saw, and he KNOWS IT. With that, mr little guy is now looking at what I can only imagine would be akin to a charging bull that's about to do the kind of harm that nightmares can't fathom.

Heart rate closing in on 180bpm, check.

Breathing so erratic, blacking out flashes by as a thought/warning and getting worse by the nanosecond, check.

All blood starting to leave extremities to protect the core, check.

Full tunnel vision making seeing a battle of it's own, check.

Palms damn near completely wringing wet from sweat that came out of nowhere, check.

Testicles drawn up (sorry, but I'll tell it like it is), close to the body for immediate protection, check

All saliva functions stopped, tear, etc., functions stopped, and re-routed to the core, ie dry mouth, hard to speak, check.

Hands and fingers now damn near numb due to blood racing to the core, check.

Feeling in toes completely gone, making maneuvering a challenge, check

Fumbling with wet, numbing hands/fingers, can only see a small "round circle" directly in front of me, almost like trying to see through two drink straws; while a strange sound comes from mouth (unstoppable, uncontrollable scream), which is a primal defensive (almost animal-like), response; brain screaming to the body "aim, please fingers work, right eye stop 'vibrating!' squeeze! Help!! Squeeze!"

vision at 5% now due to strange soundless flashes that occured, check

Hearing now 90% useless due a strange ringing, check

Close to heart attack (in mind), check.

Blackout damn near imminent (in mind), check

Intense feeling of projectile vomiting any second, check.

Body literally buzzing, tingling, and extremely hot "flashes" pulsating like an internal fire, check.

THE ABOVE OCCURRING IN NANOSECONDS.

Tears completed "dry" due to fluids being sent to core for survival, but are crying out loud like an infant at birth, check.

Screaming internally, "wake up!!!! WAKE UP!!! It's a bad dream!!! Go to the kitchen, and get some water! Wake up!!! The bad guy's about to get back up!"

Trying to scream out with mouth and throat completely dry, and little sound coming out, check.
    Literally not knowing your last name, check.

Don't have a gun, or anymore bullets all of a sudden, "where the hell is it?!? Help!! I can't see!!" (back up officer now holding sidearm)

shaking so violently, words are impossible to speak, check.

Fumbling around everywhere for sidearm, then when it disappeared, wanting to to run away as the "bad man" is going to get back up anytime, check.

The officer wishing he were instantly dead so it could all stop, check...

Going "home" (oh no, he's not home, even though physically there!!) and in the mind, CONSTANTLY rewinding "the tape," and trying to change the outcome, check. Yes, this "mental VHS" event goes on nonstop for weeks, months for many, and for some, years. Makes being at home the same as feeling being completely naked and "walking to classes in high school, trying to cover up thy 'junk' with books, etc., ie., there's no safety at home. The entire house is made of "very clear glass..."

Literally not knowing who he is, and wishing to be anywhere than home, check.

Dreams? I'd be countless hours, but the two examples from personal experience:
    Suspect doing something with his hands I don't like. Tell him to get his hand out of his pocket, and out comes a revolver. Scream "drop," but don't get time to say "drop it," before squeezing. Problem is the gun goes click.:eek:
    The other, same as above, but squeeze, and the round drops out of the barrel on the ground. Rack slide fast, and the next round does the same thing..:eek:

Sneaking out of the house at night, and driving to a different town, wishing he could I guess magically be living there, new name, etc.,

Keep in mind, I may have done the job, but I'm no police sympathizer these days, as I don't respect some of their "new and improved" can't differentiate between militarized, and community policing nonsense. This shooting, however, is absolutely "universal" IMO, in that a million decisions had to be made in .002 seconds, and no matter the decision made (fight, or flight ie, shoot or take a life-threatening beating, going out on the deck for him to slide your sidearm out of holster with ease, and next...:eek:),
    nothing good ever results for BOTH bad guy, and officer... So sad.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    #33     Aug 21, 2014
    fxwannaB likes this.
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

^^ I post the above, and fail to answer your actual question. I'll blame it on adding another year recently. Lol!

About 90% of the patrolman, troopers, deputies, out there are wearing level III vests which are actually very effective in stopping .32-.44 cal handgun rounds. Rifle rounds? Not a chance. Pure butter. Anyhow, depends on the distance, caliber, and angle of the person shot wearing a level III, Literally an astronomical number of ballistic outcomes.. I'll point out, however, a .45 acp round fired into a fully front facing 225lb male at ten feet would hurt like I couldn't describe. Broken ribs, etc., But add an emotionally charged violent felon in the midst of another robbery, and I'll bet my ass that round doesn't slow him much. May slightly slow the charge by throwing off his footing, or angle of attack, but no, won't stop him. Now add in that violent felon using meth, crack, etc., or add in a violent felon who's physically dying for a fix of meth, crack, etc., and "do the math..."
    Keep in mind, the vests of today are outstanding at spreading energy, meaning light years less blunt force trauma to the torso. That's great for those protecting and serving, but these are easy to obtain, and yes, bad guys love them.
    On top of all that, add in a vest-wearing violent felon, who's just unsuccessfully robbed a store in need of $ for a meth fix, in full charge because you, the policeman, did what you swore on a Bible to do stopping him; he's in full charge, is now throwing haymakers, spitting mad, etc., and to make insanity even worse, he turned just ever so slightly when your single shot single makes contact. Yeah, I can imagine the very necessary reason for the body armor drill, which is two rounds center of mass, one to the head...:eek::(

#34     Aug 21, 2014
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

All of which, in the absence of a video, is just fantasy, woven by someone who desperately wants the cop to be right and the dead teenager to have deserved what happened to him.

We'll never know.

#35     Aug 21, 2014
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

The above a fantasy? No, that's actual experience. And the above is damned near universal among the rare few who (thank God!) are unlucky enough to be forced into such terror. And gotta have it on video despite the totality of the circumstances? Yeah, you've basically emptied your "credibility revolver" here db. You've proven to be the polar opposite of a "*liberal," and not only are your comments disgusting, you're showing us just how deep into fascism you and "you're people" really are...
    Looks like I'm going to have to log into et with the two browsers I have on my ipad, and put you on ignore with each. Technology... Lol

* Since I find you to be quite vile, I'll hurt your feelings a little, and show you the "textbook," (Internet version, lol), of Liberalism, and show you're the polar opposite; a fascist which is unarguably America's greatest threat, making the towel heads look like fly shit.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

First two paragraphs:

"This article discusses the ideology of liberalism. Local differences in its meaning are listed in Liberalism by country. For other uses, see Liberal (disambiguation).
    Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1]Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.[2][3][4][5][6]

Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The 17th-century philosopher John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property[7] and according to the social contract, governments must not violate these rights. Liberals opposed traditional conservatism and sought to replace absolutism in government with representative democracy and the rule of law."

With that, I'll be logging on with my other search engine, putting your vile ass on ignore, and having a nice evening, washing my hands of your disgusting sickness. I believe you'd slither away quickly if everyone else did the same, but I can imagine there will be a few who will want to waste their time on you, which bewilders me.

#36     Aug 21, 2014
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

With regard to this particular situation, it's fantasy since no one knows what happened other than two teenagers robbed a convenience store and were later confronted by a policeman.

All but a few of you are approaching this as if it were a treatment for a screenplay. It's not. It's real life, and an unarmed teenager is dead.

#37     Aug 21, 2014
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

No, he was DRUGGED, AGGRESSIVE and committed a FELONY. By the way where have Mom and Dad been? Why are they coming out of the walls like maggots NOW? Great parents .......................

#38     Aug 21, 2014
  9. And you wish it was the cop who was dead instead. Just like Sharpton and Jackson. You must work for them.

#39     Aug 22, 2014
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Now that's the dumbest thing I've read since all this got started.

Congratulations.

#40     Aug 22, 2014