New look of ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zdreg, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. My thoughts exactly.

#31     Aug 11, 2014
    tom2 and zdreg like this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I also agree with Vicirek. Baron used to say, that basic websites like craigslist (and ET belongs here) and such hasn't changed in the last 10-15 years and for good reason, the information provided didn't need fancy graphics. I assume the advertisers want more window dressing or they are just leaving and this upgrade is Baron's way of trying to keep them happy, while alienating most of the core users....

The last attempt was a disaster and most people hated it, I personally like the simplicity of the old ET. I don't need to see your stupid avatar or signature to get your message across, and why do I care how many people Like a post, when they are wrong most of the time? :)

#32     Aug 11, 2014
    me1969 likes this.
  3. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings, I'm not happy with the new changes that have been made to the format either. From my perspective, just when I had the old format down to a fine science, a lot of the pleasure involved in "mining for gold nuggets" on ET has just been made that much more difficult by your changes. But even more importantly...the whole process is now more cumbersome, time consuming, and a lot less fun. I don't understand the continual need for changing a "winning game" or changing a "winning combination". And even though I'm not a regular contributor, I was a regular "lurker", and have been for years even before I became a member. In any case...I'm also all too cognizant of the fact that eventually all good things must come to an end.
    c'est la vie.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    #33     Aug 11, 2014
    me1969 likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I don't expect anybody to be happy with changes they aren't familar with, and I understand the inconvenience that comes with change and learning something new. Nevertheless, I appreciate all the feedback no matter what.

#34     Aug 11, 2014
  5. FXforex

FXforex

I notice in the thread titles some sort of auto correct is on which replaces uppercase with lowercase. Example:

• ET becomes et
    • I becomes i

I think that feature should be turned off.

:)

#35     Aug 11, 2014
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, I wasn't feeling that either. I turned it off.

#36     Aug 11, 2014
  7. The avatars are juvenile.

#37     Aug 11, 2014
    me1969 likes this.
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm sorry you feel that way. There's only a couple billion people people of all ages using them across tons of sites these days, even business sites like LinkedIn and many others.

#38     Aug 11, 2014
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I'm not a fan.
    I stay away from big data mining sites. That includes FB, GOOG, Pin, TWTR, LNKD, and others.
    Seems ET is now on the list.

Too bad. Tiddlywinks out.

#39     Aug 11, 2014
  10. I'm sure this has been said ad nauseam, but if you just click on NEW POSTS at the top of the page then the new ET is definitely better than the old ET. :cool: OK, avatars not the best, but this is very minor for the first day. There are ways to make the site more "sticky", but my consulting fees need a QE3 to fit the bill. Baron, nice work.

#40     Aug 11, 2014
    Baron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.