New look of ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zdreg, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deaddog

deaddog

I see that now. Thanks

#21     Aug 11, 2014
  2. Change? You should know I did not update from a Commodore 64 until 1997.:eek: It looks fine to me. I'm sure the bugs will get worked out. Thanks for sticking with it.

#22     Aug 11, 2014
    Baron likes this.
  3. convexx

convexx

BTW the "new posts" link is fantastic and was much-needed.

#23     Aug 11, 2014
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I will look into that issue and see what's up.

#24     Aug 11, 2014
  5. Mo06

Mo06

The deletion of images from the journals shows a complete lack of respect for ET members.

People post on ET because they think that their posts will be around for a while, not just deleted when the managers want to do an 'upgrade'.

Very poor show in my 'umble opinion.

And I cannot be the only one who thinks so.

#25     Aug 11, 2014
    Alpha Trader and me1969 like this.
  6. Catoosa

Catoosa

This new look really sucks. I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page and scroll back and forth to read each line one line at a time. There is no way I have been able to fit this mess on the screen. What happened to the classic look? Adding the menu on the left side of the page takes up screen width.

#26     Aug 11, 2014
    gkishot likes this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Nothing has been deleted. Some things didn't import over and is to be expected. If I have to go through your journal and upload them again one by one, I will do it.

#27     Aug 11, 2014
  8. convexx

convexx

Guys, relax. You've paid Baron exactly $0.00 to run this site, so politely F-off. It's a monumental task. Images? How many images go offline due to hosting failures and you expect Baron to put your shit at the top of his list like it's the Library of Congress?

Just my opinion. I don't speak for Baron.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    #28     Aug 11, 2014
    Tsing Tao and gamblingman like this.
  9. zdreg

zdreg

that is the resolution for one specific individual. what is the prognosis for everybody else?

#29     Aug 11, 2014
  10. vicirek

vicirek

New look is sleek and modern but misses the point. It is more time consuming and frustrating to scan messages because one can see only 15 per page with more unnecessary information and lots of blank spaces (nice clutter but still not adding anything of value). In the end it is less attractive because does not present information in succinct manner as the classic view. This site lost its focus. It is still an improvement from the last experiment. This is nice and fluid web page with lots of hard work that went into it but as a result it is less practical and usable for busy people. Keep experimenting and do not follow the current trend of making web pages so nice and rich in features that in the end they become completely useless.

#30     Aug 11, 2014
    me1969 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.