New book on how traders are beating the HFT guys

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by brad10, Apr 3, 2014.

1. ashantt

ashantt

textrader, the chapter on options with Atticus is Drownpruf who's posted above, man kills the options for a living.

#131     May 30, 2014
  2. you can't "beat" HFT's, they impose their tax regardless. you may still be able to make a profit DESPITE them. that';s not same thing as beating them.

#132     May 30, 2014
  3. xandman

xandman

Lots of it here from citable research. You have to simplify things though.
    http://www.nanex.net/FlashCrash/OngoingResearch.html

You will have a big market for hyper active traders who won't have the patience to get into too fine a detail. That's what made Stock Market Wizards a hit. It swung between inspirational and concrete.

Besides, you want to hold something back for the potential consulting gigs when you become famous.

#133     Jun 3, 2014
  4. Are you kidding? 1st book was the best, it went downhill from there.

#134     Jun 3, 2014
  5. elitetrader15

elitetrader15 Guest

HFT are doing what human traders used to do in trading arcades manually. than some computer programmers automated the process.

#135     Jun 3, 2014
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The same practical advice for the typical day trader has been discussed dozens of times here at Elitetrader.com the past year or so. The problem is that its just message posts within threads fulls of arguments, debates or different topics involving other aspects of trading.

Simply, very easy to miss the "practical advice" because its like searching for a needle in the haystack from amongst all of the junk message posts.

The book puts it all together so that you didn't have to go looking for the same information from all over the internet unless someone has something against authors (vendors) that just want to help by putting all the info into one source.

#136     Jun 4, 2014
    777 likes this.
  7. xandman

xandman

Slightly worse. The exchanges facilitated HFT with HFT friendly order types. They turned their backs to the public when they found a better revenue stream.

#137     Jun 4, 2014
  8. I've been saying this for years. Took 99% of the turkeys here a very long time to figure out that , once again, I was right.

#138     Jun 5, 2014
  9. Wow, yeah. Thanks for telling us cigs are bad for our health. How fcuking insightful and prescient!

#139     Jun 5, 2014
  10. I see you're here since 2013. So you were what, in 4th grade when I started wising them up? And you misspelled that obscenity , so you must not have gotten very good grades.

#140     Jun 7, 2014