Neiderhoffer

Discussion in 'Trading' started by timvodas, Sep 29, 2007.

1. nitro

nitro

How can you say that?

nitro

#111     Oct 2, 2007
  2. its my opinion that everyone may be very very surprised when theTRUTH is revealed.

regards

surf:D

#112     Oct 2, 2007
  3. yep. VN was probably short VN futures all along....

#113     Oct 2, 2007
  4. How could you possibly hope to find out exactly what his proprietary models are or were? Do you expect him to share them with you? And if not, then what is your point?

#114     Oct 2, 2007
  5. Surfer, you will say and write just about anything, won't you?

#115     Oct 2, 2007
  6. Phuck Heston. For this sort of sheah you're better off with a GARCH(1,1). Use Ritchken-Trevor lattice or Jin Duan's analytical approx (Heston's proposed bollocks closed form GARCH (you can tell I like the guy, almost as much as that other jerkwad Hull with his moronic IR model) is just that - bollocks - as the process is not true GARCH - note, not talking about his stoch vol sheah here).

Now getting back to Vic. Hedged? What sort of cash do you think an options trader will make being fully hedged trading vanilla products? You can make money trading some exotics hedged where the spreads are wider but Vanillas?

Don't know his strategy, but I'll bet that trading Vanillas he would at most have been partly hedged. He is not playing market maker after all.

#116     Oct 2, 2007
  7. what on earth is that supposed to mean? other than a misguided attempt at casting dispersions and wallowing in falsehoods.

#117     Oct 2, 2007
  8. nitro

nitro

I agree that we are not likely to know any of these things, because VN is not LTCM and there won't be any investigation.

All I am saying is, these are the questions we can learn from. Not that he blew up again. That is rumor and transient.

When, where, how, why.

I claim that the only one that is important, how, is the one least likely to be of importance to the gossip hounds on ET.

nitro

#118     Oct 2, 2007
  9. "Casting dispersions?" Dispersions? You're quite the journalist, aren't you? May I recommend a remedial English class? That and an occasional spell check, Mr. Pulitzer.

#119     Oct 2, 2007
  10. nitro

nitro

The title of this thread has changed to "Neiderhoffer" from "Neiderhoffer blowup"

Hmmmmmm.....

nitro

#120     Oct 2, 2007