Negative Trading Experience

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cornix, Sep 29, 2014.

1. cornix

cornix

Yes, but he is sort of minority AFAIK.

#21     Oct 8, 2014
  2. cornix

cornix

Well, there are two motivational drivers: "away from" and "towards". The best effect is when both are used. So forgetting "away from" may simply be not optimal.

#22     Oct 8, 2014

3. Name one proven one who isn't quant based......

#23     Oct 8, 2014
  4. cornix

cornix

Hmm... Soros? :)

#24     Oct 8, 2014
  5. Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    #25     Oct 8, 2014

6. Good hit-- he hired my friend Flavia Cymbalista to quantify his methods so that it could be passed down--- as you can imagine, I am uncertain of the outcome.

Soros also hires quant types like Niederhoffer but then again, Jim Rogers also worked for him---- but yeah you are right, good call. But I think he is the minority if what he says public is accurate.

#26     Oct 8, 2014
  7. cornix

cornix

So your information is most money made in markets is thanks to mathematical models?

#27     Oct 8, 2014

8. No question about it--- from 1987 onward. Let's get real and admit that most money in the market is made by the market itself. I observed at KNIGHT for several days being able to ask questions and get answers based on what i was watching---- It was just sick, my visions of day trading were dashed by reality forever.

#28     Oct 8, 2014
  9. cornix

cornix

So it's a competition of algos fighting for microscopic structural edges?

#29     Oct 8, 2014
  10. Yes, and market makers trading against you--- they can see things that you can not. therefore, without edge or info day trading is luck--- can some folks make it-- sure-- just like some folks can consistently win gambling.

#30     Oct 8, 2014