Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

So summary :-

SCREWED IT!!! got emotional blew 2.5K on 1 damn trade, counter trend trading as you guessed it BORED!! and annoyed I'd missed a long which actually ran so far I'd of been very happy :(

But from this mistake I've improved the method and increased my earning potential quite a lot :)

BUT I did in short order trading smarter, pull back 1.1K, with the early profits I'm still down 1.1K

-$110 in total on the week, 22 trades, 15 profitable, 7 losers, but average profit 215 average loss 470 :(

Dax ran into the 33 stalled numerous times before heading LOWER, downtrend hadn't stopped, US30 which I try to trade same direction of, was always a DOWN!!

Getting there I think!!

#391     Oct 17, 2014
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

The short went 40 arrghhh, would of been if trading at x2 which I woulda been $2000 LOL

#392     Oct 17, 2014
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

interesting action so far....

Put in a long enough bottom to be considered buyers, 10 went flat, the basically we uptrended badly in the 10's range.

10's turned down and we have another sell off.

Going to be a learning period at times like this of what to trust / trade off, think 10 is still KEY!!

#393     Oct 17, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Have I been blocked from posting or just put on someones ignore list already ??

#394     Oct 17, 2014
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lets look at from my data July only sadly all my SCREW ups, how many was on Fridays LOL

Today TICK -$2470
    26th Sept Friday TICK -$820 not so bad
    29th Aug Friday TICK! -$3100 OUCH worst single trading loss ever award goes to this dumb ass
    29th Aug Friday TICK ( Seriously twice in 1 day ) -$750 Got luck wasn't to bad and went again LOL I made this back +$170 should of QUIT

All 4 on my records are on Fridays, I don't want to..

a) take a loss on a Friday
    b) Give back my weeks profits so I risk the account to avoid this, going into don't care mode.

Margin call, took me out today, too many lots, less lots could of cost me more $$$$'s

GOT TO STOP MOVING STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVING STOP
    GOT TO STOP MOVING STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVGINH STOPS
    GOT TO STPP MOVING STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVING STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVING STOIPS
    GO TO STOP MOVING STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVING STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVINMG STOPS
    GOT TO STOP MOVING STOPS

oHHHH AND TAKE FRIDAYS OFF lol

#395     Oct 17, 2014
  6. JTrades

JTrades

Ehhhh Turv-D, you gotsa stoip moving your stoips already! - (said a New Yoiker) ;)

#396     Oct 17, 2014
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Maybe if I write it another 1 million times before I trade again, well I won't live that long so should sort it out :)

Took 3 losses in a row yesterday, no SL moving, coming off 8 profits in a row worth $1440 aswell.

Hope is the mind killer, I nearly took BE exits area a few times, just to slow to hit exit and wanted a profit :(

Do better or worse next week, tis only money can't get to suicidal only $110 down this week after all!

#397     Oct 17, 2014
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Bored better do some testing while I decide on what to do with myself this evening!!

Assume all trades are Long so Up moves!

Setting at 10sma Envelope 0.01% and 33sm 0.015%, middle sma's to.

10sma seems to check out as the primary direction, great on the fast moves, buy near the mid to low and watch it rock on, most likely for 50pips these days.

But issue I had was I wasn't taking in slower markets the low of 10 Env, it created a we are going to turn down short short short fear.

Quick math test, With 30's direction, if I take all 10 Env trades at the low's, how many hit SL at 10 or get to 10+ profit, S=SL hit, P=Profit! ( avoiding where the 10 is trending, so if 10 trendless use 30 trend, but 10 is first! )

Friday, PPPPPPPSPPPSPPPP 2 LOSERS Out of 16 before I got bored, but systems build day.

29th Sept ( random pick ) PPS Not as good, but okay, more of a fight this day.

9th Sept few okay trades DEAD day totally dead.

6 weeks back, market is a totally different animal, method is still fine, but not as easy, days where nothing really moved at all.

#398     Oct 18, 2014
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

BORED, got to hate weekends, none of my charts move :(

Market is active till the close, normally stop 5pm GMT when the spread goes upto 2pips but as it's trading so well it's worth 2 pips currently so guess I'll trade evenings :) Try to trade for an hour or 2 in the am, then off to client ( trade if I can ), then trade the 5pm to 9pm session.

Get the Wifi Password at the gym ( no 3G at all ) and trade and look at lycra clad ladies, that won't hurt my focus at all LOL

Quick check on charts and DAX after 5pm wasn't viable before the world started to end.

US30 trades better, normally till that time, but 4 pip spread and the 10 0.01% seems to wide for the time. Also need 15SL and reduced Lot size of some sort. Twice the movement of the DAX and respects 00' better hmmm.

NAS has a 2pip spread, but moves 1/2 the amount so DAX works out better.

I have 2 weeks to book some hours at work, so better behave I guess, even though the amounts compared to trading are well ridiculous, might get to $2000 for the month, lost that in 15mins suckers ohhh!!

#399     Oct 18, 2014
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Bored going to try an F12 ( moved MT4 1 bar at a time ) on a random day, DAX 15th Sept.

9:20 started up ( randomly picked ), uptrend so take a low 10 long.
    No Fill, 10 and 33 go flat, chop mode, short top of range, +10
    Sideways, moves down, Long at low range, 10sma turned up, out +23 :)
    Uptrend, looking for low 10 long, Long +10
    Sidways both, range mode, bad call still uptrend, no fill so far
    Downtrend, looking for entry high 10, cancel
    chop, high short +10, low long +10
    Downtrend short +15, short again +8
    9640 buyers, risk a long +15
    Uptrend, long at the 33 +10

No losers, as expected really.

Market conditions totally different, +10's pretty much only no runs at all but still viable on a slow day.

#400     Oct 18, 2014