Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method is calling the entries in the downtrend perfectly :)

Just got to avoid the initial trend changing melt down in future.

If I was still long I'd be -2.5K here area, that's just NUTS in no time at all!!

It can't happen again, next time maybe not so lucky

#21     Jul 30, 2014
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Well interesting day, chart attached is roughly where I got in on my nearly killed trade, then highlighting the positions I should of been taking.

I run 2 positions, so if I'm a tad to early I'll get a 2nd and won't worry about it too much.

SL would of been the other side of the 100ema the big white line.

#22     Jul 30, 2014
  3. what marks on your chart are where you got in and got out??

#23     Jul 30, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

The 5 lines on the left, the X was where I got out.

the ? is a trade I might not of taken.

It got to BE once before, hesisated and slipped away, I nearly closed for -30 and -40 area, as I feared a lower low, but it gave me a break.

100% LUCK!!

#24     Jul 30, 2014
  5. so you sold 4 times on the way down and closed them all at the X?

#25     Jul 30, 2014
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

5 times and Yes!!

BAD TRADE!!! hence kicking my ass, need to not do that stuff, too damn risky, got away with it today, next time 3K loss EASY!!

#26     Jul 30, 2014
  7. Ok now I understand!!:)

doubling down can be dangerous but you survived this time

cat with 5 lives!

(five trades down - hence the 5.........:cool:

#27     Jul 30, 2014
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

3 made a profit, hence out +17 :) 2 lost but not that bad.

DAX and YM where both wild rides all day, 1 more break out of the range aswell to the upside that would cost me no doubt.

#28     Jul 30, 2014
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Haven't made the above screw up in 6months+ guess what, next trade UK100 broke down on me and did it again, holding on too tight and not wanting to take a loss or what!!

Think joining ET has lowered my IQ by 2 points, so I have an IQ of 1 currently.

Got out at BE first chance I had, well it was +10ticks but alas it slipped on me :(

#29     Jul 31, 2014
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Tired, don't want to waste a day, but don't want to put a dent in my pretty all time high account ( that might be the issue LOL ), so taking a day off.

Adapting to the stress's of nearly full time day trading, might take some adjustment!

Covered a weeks wages in only 1 1/2 days of poor trading so lets not stress myself out to much.

#30     Jul 31, 2014