Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method, seems to work on a fair few days tested at random.

Universe, if my life would stop being so SHIT that would really really help, thanks Universe!

#2391     Apr 26, 2016
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

2 trades in down 10 at the moment, first trade started moving against me in seconds, i killed it fast saved some money :)

Exited last trade too soon, broke up just after i called ranging.

Need to go to demo lot size and rehearse the first hour or 2, 8am period, if I can jump on those strong moves well and ride them, I'll be making 500 by 10am.

#2392     Apr 27, 2016
  3. Buck

Buck

hi Turvey, not sure if you trade es or not. have a 1hr sell at 85.25 targets 80 stop 87.25. just a heads up

#2393     Apr 27, 2016
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not my kinda trade thanks anyways, SL hit i see.

Too slow all day, missed jumping on this up move.

Watching see if i fancy a pull back.

#2394     Apr 27, 2016
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Played for a bounce just got to 50 didn't take it turning down - 35 keeping losses tight.

Entey down required i guess.

I'm waiting for to much of a look back momo is pretty much anyways changed when it pulls back this far :(

#2395     Apr 27, 2016
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Changed again, but this has got a name, simpler 'go with the flow'

9ema and evelopes 9ema 0.03 and 0.06

If 9ema is going up, the on a pause go with the flow ie long near the 9ema out to the 0.03, sl under the 0.06, dont wait for 0.06 entry, if momo gets it there odds are it will change damn direction, which is why i get so many direction changes.

Less of a pull back and enter, repeat repear.

Taking losses well if nothing else, down thus far but 70 maybe.

#2396     Apr 28, 2016
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I just keep trading same parameters, same setups, same patterns, same same same, boring boring boring ways to make profits. It is the NOT the parameters that are important, it is how you view the price bars, cause you won't stick to same boring charts, your brain can't get use to seeing patterns, so you jumping around going to do more harm than good. Just stick to the same thing without changing for a month, learn to study charts, learn to adapt. Learn where the S/R is and don't trade against, don't have to take counter-trend, but don't have to try to force the flow against others going the other way. mho I am just a tortoise.

#2397     Apr 28, 2016
    hoodyap and cvds16 like this.
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only been watching, this is working a treat, purest form of what I'm after yet.

About BE on the day, not planning on trading, very very tired cant really see ipad screen well, my eyes are that sore.

Promising, KISS to the max.

#2398     Apr 28, 2016
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Mission is to get simpler and simpler on the method and adapt and be able to handle it, hence the changes some go against some don't.

Handling taking loss issue nearly resolved.

This looks sweet, getting basic enough a 5 year old could do it, today anyway.

Keep thinking its Friday, strange, hence not trading, just that damn tired.

#2399     Apr 28, 2016
  10. Handle123

Handle123

You don't give anything a chance to see if it going to work and do you back test min of 300 sample size to see if it worked in hindsight? You make something today, and I see by next day something else changed. I don't see this as positive, as we both know a month, even a week from now it be changed a good deal. Just saying as I did this painful experience long ago too and wipe out accounts.

We all tired as we all work long hours at trading or other entities, fact of life.

#2400     Apr 28, 2016