Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Mo06

Mo06

Nice late move on the Dax here...

#211     Sep 1, 2014
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Stopped watching 30mins ago as is been so dead, typical lol

#212     Sep 1, 2014
  3. Mo06

Mo06

My Dax ftrs 15m chart, trade of the day was to sell the break of the first 30m low (red line) :

#FDXU4M15.png

#213     Sep 1, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

There was a good down move first thing want asks enough to make anything off it sadly.

Messing with a new method to stop countertrend trades aswell

#214     Sep 1, 2014
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Slow action, damn USA holidays! :(

But summary method wise still I guess as it's kinda new kinda..........

AM spike up, nice pull back to 100ema area before heading back to 9500, sell off from 9500, might of took a long and taken small loss mabe ?, reversed of 100 range, downtrend mode, setup for shorts then 40-50pip sell off.

Nice rebound back to 100 then chop to lower 11 range , like how it moves over the 100then has a run north, almost spotted that live.

Can't remember where my trades where to be honest TIRED today, so the fact I'm profitable at all, is a miracle LOL, 10 trades, 3 losers, +$249.60.

There shall be no new account highs for a week or 2 I guess, unless I get a big run ( not likely ), $1873.16 to account high, all for a stupid trade, I should of quit on for +$100 and would of on an alive day.

Was killing trades today, on moving away from me nicely :)

See how it goes on a better market day, should have all bases covered, if so $1873.16 could be made this week fairly easy! :)

#215     Sep 1, 2014
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Got it my loser, was based on a uptrend entry, tad shoddy on the entry 9469 and 9467 ( to close ), -7 and -5 so nice tight exit on it failing, right before US open which errr didn't LOL Failing to make new highs should of called me to exit could of taken +2 pips in total LOL

Need a good day tomorrow, prove it live and lock it down and repeat repeat repeat no matter how bored I get LOL

Few good up days and I'll double lot size, go hard or go hungry, or maybe hard and hungry!

#216     Sep 1, 2014
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method, is simple enough to work on GA and EJ, just got the drop the 11sma Envelope to 0.04% maybe 0.03%, use the trend side more.

Tempting to dump the 100's Envelope, to further remove counter trend temptation, can pretty much blind trust it on chop days though, guess keep it for that and ignore the rest of the time.

There was ZERO counter trend trades today, Sl's where all tight, better out than having 1 running against you, is the mindset that's required to stop huge losses occuring!!

Early night required, 8am switch on maybe trade if awake enough!!

#217     Sep 1, 2014
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

11 pips so far, still doing it right which is more important, ie no counter trend and patience on entering.

GA with a 0.04% envelope on a trend day like today looks to work very nicely, watching it for a bit.

When DAX is dead odds are Forex is rocking so best to have a hand in both camps.

GA will likely need a 20sl so if i trade at $6.50 per pip, 1/2 my DAX value, should be safe enough.

#218     Sep 2, 2014
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

GA trade +$8 lol trend had went makes it kinda errr slow at $6 per pip, with a 3pip spread to handle.

Woulda rocked all am though :)

#219     Sep 2, 2014
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method, had a hair cut....

The 200ema is gone, proving not to be required, 100ema seems to be all that's needed.

I've deleted the outter 100 envelope range, as it's a trend day to stop me counter trending it, likely put it back.

So 1 Envelope and 1 EMA is all that's really required.

#220     Sep 2, 2014