Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Okay 12sma 0.08% test on other historic moves and score for effect.

Need to check near the 100, with 100 and 200 trend and odds on continuation...

Early night, not likely!!

Ecckks, trades taken of 100 and 200ema, that's like a return to 2004 LOL

28th, worked well, top of 12, score many profitable with trend trades, 200 called a top then the 100 called it, then all goes flat just as it chops around, 100ema remains static.

Thinking 15SL fixed, 2nd position @-7, doing them over 3 or 4 why I had so many positions, got to STOP THAT!!

27th aweful day, chop range worked but SLOW!!

26th makes me a believer.

25th, slow but worked into the close especially.

22nd works, then trick, then works

21st's okay

Object is to remove ALL counter trend trades, got to keep chop trades as I need to be able to make a profit in both market conditions for wage reasons.

Counter trend, like today, just slowly slipped against me, it'll turn, it'll turn, OMG I've got 3 positions and I'm -50pips here, with trend I'd of been +20 with 1 position and no averaging down.

Anyways SLEEP!! Test it more tomorrow.

Ofcourse end of summer doldrums, higher volume expect more chop less freaky break outs, that'll be GOOD!!

#201     Aug 29, 2014
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Okay, never as easy live, but these are the droids I'm looking for....

Got to really focus on removing the counter trend high risk trades and tighter better smarter SL placements, which is easier when you haven't got to give it room to breathe. Infact tight SL's, no more room to breath, better entries, then limited 2nd positions might be better of banning that, we've seen the results.

White dots are 2nd positions.

? on no.2 is market put in a higher low, 11's turned up, could be a long point.

X's are SL hits.

+20 +15 +5 -10 +8 +15 +8 +8 -10 -5 +20 +15 basically there is enough pips on that chart for me to retire in no time.

No booked work monday, Kids go back to school tuesday, more time to get back on mission.

Mission is, 1/2 wage end of October so $1000 and November, $2000 out December. try to get to 3K+ end of Jan and full time.

#202     Aug 30, 2014
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

All tests show as well PERFECT and Easy, it's a AGE old system, but works well on the DAX.

Looking forward to live testing it tomorrow, expect live issues ofcourse, counter trending is just to risky in these conditions.

#203     Aug 31, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

So far so good, I'm trend trading okay, missed / wussed the bit DAX move down, liking new method so far, 3 trades, no losers +15 pips area so far, which is okay.

Just playing the 11 range, just only with the 100 and 200's direction, simple enough method.

#204     Sep 1, 2014
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Still happy with new method, dax just isn't really worth trading at all though sadly today tight range and no trend at all.

+249 so all good but no chance of recovering my losses of last week in 1 day lol

#205     Sep 1, 2014
  6. Mo06

Mo06

Are you trading Dax futures, I have traded that contract and it can be a real animal !

#206     Sep 1, 2014
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Damn good mover which I want I need, is going well if not for a stupid day last Friday.

See USA is closed today why is so dead, I should really check lol

#207     Sep 1, 2014
  8. Mo06

Mo06

Can I ask who you trade the Dax with ?

And if you are trading the futures (not spread bets) how much you pay....?

#208     Sep 1, 2014
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

I trade via spot through fxcm 1 pip spread till 5pm gmt

#209     Sep 1, 2014
  10. Mo06

Mo06

Good luck.

#210     Sep 1, 2014