Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. There is none of that, never was that easy.:confused:

#1671     Jul 28, 2015
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Looks good so far but never able to switch between chop and range at the right time, which has always been my issue.

If i use a small SL in range, kt gets hit for no reason to often.
    If i use large SL in trend then that gets hit to often.

If i use small lot size in trend, i dont make enough, as losses are to frequent.

They both work if used at the right time ofcourse very well, knowing which 1 to use befite hand is tricky.

Tired and stressed is nit helping!

Arggghhh lets go 2 positions, 12sl trend 2nd position -5 and 20 -8 area for 2nd position.

Generally even on trend plays i get a better price if onky a few pts.

#1672     Jul 28, 2015
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Made back $50 on a EU trade, so only -$40 area here on the day, nothing really.

Yeah back to 2 positions, if trade 1 looks poor then bail early and don't take 2nd ofcourse, ie if Trend is against me, still with then take 2nd or if still chop.

Need to setup, 2 phones, 2 tablets and the PC to the new settings, that's why I'm worn out LOL

Kids tomorrow, tomorrow is a trade day maybe! :)

Make $$'s, withdraw, book holiday, sounds like a plan! :)

#1673     Jul 28, 2015
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Nahhh it works, 98.2% sure of it, it's not perfect, losses will happen ofcourse, good days and bad days cause it's trading.

It's not the magic MA's / Envelopes really there just direction and range, the main logic is still, jump on a moving train effectively, it's just a tricky damn train.

Remember, still profitable here account is going up slowly, just not fast enough for my likings, that's what I'm trying to optimize.

Keep tweaking, keep learning, keep adapting until cracked.

Only 4 losing trades today, out of 11 and -$40 after all! don't be so negative dude!

#1674     Jul 28, 2015
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Loser write up with new settings.......

Trade #1

Inner range failed, outter held, 2nd position, 20SL would of closed +$50 area I guess.

Trade #2

she turned up, short term, chop turned to a blip, 20SL would of been close, but unlikely to of taking 2nd, so reduced loss.

Trade #3

SL too tight + Lot size too high!

Trade #4

It was a cluster, risk to reward worth it, but market sold off quickly cost me nearly 2x's the loss, downside of danger tight SL's.

Still up on the week :)

#1675     Jul 28, 2015
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Comms where $90, Spread another $50 I guess, having the cover $140 is never an easy game.

And no, Longer term does not work, too predicty!

#1676     Jul 28, 2015
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

The problem, with only making a little big of over all profit is, it's too easy to give it all back on a bad day, and there is always a bad day just around the corner.

BIG Profits, or nothing, till I DIE!!

#1677     Jul 28, 2015
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

For tomorrow 8sma 0.04% and 24sma 0.1% for DAX, tighter maybe for FX.

#1678     Jul 28, 2015
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Jumped on the GA's up trend and 24sma middle vague support, killed it a tad soon I see, but +$75, +$25 on the day!

8's momo is quite strong or fluke you choose!

If I'd of played the low previous 2.1284 area, the chop would of worked.

Range Holds or Fails, 20SL, I need 2 H's to cancel out a F!

GA HHFHHHHHHHFHHHHHHH

DAX pretty much all H's to, trend day though so can't do above.

EU pretty good to.

20SL outside of the 24's range, is a damn good edge when not trending and avoiding news, got to keep taking advantage of for sure.

#1679     Jul 28, 2015
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

I don't like or handle losses well, especially when 2mins later I could be out with a profit, feels like going backwards, hate that.

So lets stick to and keep improving this 20sl ish, 2nd position when required method.

I like the fall back, buy uptrend on 8, 8 fails, buy next pause, get chop back to high 24, out profit, repeat. Reduces the stress of having to be right first, every time.

EU was a good example, looked to be turning down, it lied, 2nd position, chopped quick $50.

Best guesses tomorrow:)

#1680     Jul 28, 2015