Need advice...next steps???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SellingNaked, Jul 28, 2015.

1. R1234

R1234

yes IB lets you debit fees in friends and family accounts. Just make sure you stay below NFA registration threshold with regards to AUM and # of clients. To protect yourself, you should have a standard CTA disclosure doc and management agreement even though you are not a CTA.

I am curious how long of a track record have you accumulated? What has been your max drawdown? You have a good method if you were trading energy options last year and managed to not wipeout. The diversified futures option guys like White River did not fare well. And another diversified option seller CTA I almost allocated to subsequently went out of business.

#21     Jul 30, 2015
  2. xandman

xandman

WRG still has a high ranking at the Managed fund site.. Do you think their 5 year average is mediocre for that strategy category?

Thanks.

#22     Jul 30, 2015
  3. R1234

R1234

their 'stock index writing' strategy is awesome. But the 'diversified option writing' has had significant challenges.

#23     Jul 30, 2015
  4. xandman

xandman

I see. They took a greater than 50% hit and 2 loosing years.

The ranking seems to have disappeared from Altegris. But, Global Sigma Group is still there. Option Writers should have their own asset class ranking...imho. Way different PNL distributions.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    #24     Jul 30, 2015
  5. Hi R1234, The track record that is closes to my current strategy and which has been paying my bills is about 2.5 years old. But, have been in the selling options side of things since early 2007 and learnt some real valuable lessons in 2008 (i.e do not over-extend). That is the reason I am maxing out at about 15%, I refuse to go above a certain risk parameter(s) even if it means leaving money on the table and that has served me well in the energy markets last year and also that I don't exclusively trade any one market, though the S&P is my staple.

Based on my research it seems like I need to be at 20% after fees to be taken seriously. So, that's why I have decided the 'logistical hurdles' are something I need to work on if I decide to pursue that route. Or, trade a few more friends/family accounts who are just fine with the 10%-15% return potential. I hope I addressed all your points. :)

#25     Jul 30, 2015