My Trend Following System

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Commodity_Trader, Apr 28, 2014.

in your opinion, wich one have better results ?

1. trend following (intraday)

50.0%
  2. swing trading (intraday)

15.0%
  3. scalping (intraday)

35.0%
  1. it's a trend following if we consider higher time frames movements and also a contrarian against those higher timeframe .ok , please let me know what do you call this system that obeys higher time frame trend and never take action against higher timeframe movement ? (except those contrarian setup)

#11     Apr 29, 2014
  2. Can you post a screen shot of your most recent losing trade?

#12     Apr 29, 2014
  3. my recent trade is a short sell on gold (YG or mini gold) ,it's on the progress & still is on profit.
    i will post my trades whether they are loss or profitable whenever there is an opportunity .i have eliminated my trading account number and as you can see it's a live account trading on NT with DOM in gray colour .i watch GC and CL and trade them via YG & QM.

29.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    #13     Apr 29, 2014
  4. Sergio77

Sergio77

Trend-following means weeks, months, years. Intraday is mean-reversion.

#14     Apr 29, 2014
  5. ok,but in T.A each trend has a clear definition,this trend can be in 1 minute chart or in a yearly chart,following a trend in 5 minute timeframe is called trend following as far as i know. mean reversion is called when a price pulls back to it's median price .
    this pullback to median price in higher timeframes can be a whole trend in smaller timeframes like m5 .and it's obvious that mean reversion itself is a kind of contrarian and not a trend following (in higher time frame it's contrarian,in lower it can be a trend)

#15     Apr 29, 2014
  6. it's today QM( CL mini counterpart) which i was in a long position and my direction was right ,oil rallied after that .my loss was nothing but because of slippage it had one or two ticks of loss.

Untitled.png

#16     Apr 29, 2014
  7. although today i was in a right direction of market ,i closed my position with one tick profit.
    my system setup signals for big movements (100 points in GC & CL ) and 40-50 points movements in ES and 6E.this time ES had a bullish trend too,but because i wanted to tighten my stop loss i closed it.my confidence to this system is growing day by day .at least even my losses are small and most of them are in direction of market due to small stop loss .i should work more on my stop loss.

ES 06-14 (1 Min)  4_30_2014.jpg

#17     Apr 30, 2014
  8. I think this whole discussion shows the subjective nature of charting, and why so few (if any) can make any money out of it in the long run...

#18     Apr 30, 2014
  9. please look at the last trade on Japanese Yen ,i took all of 11 days of downtrend in a short sell.

6J 06-14 (240 Min)  5_1_2014.jpg

#19     Apr 30, 2014
  10. yes it's subjective ,but the people who talk the talk or walk the walk may be right in probability ,the fact is that an overnight success in trading takes ten years ! (or at least 4-5 years :) )

#20     Apr 30, 2014