my personal thoughts after 20 years of trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, Jun 28, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

i started out like most or many traders,by trying to study market movements, to make 'sense' of them.but after 20 years i have to say that i am no nearer to this goal.
    when i first came across Brooks, he too was on the same road: he said a trader has to trade all kinds of markets whatever the conditions are ;if you cannot swing scalp.

This after ten years i have failed to succeed in.

i must say in Brooks defense that he has laid lot of emphasis on risk reward strategies, which i did not due to which i havd suffered.

Bollinger on the other hand says that you cannot understand the markets,that continuous advice is impossible, and the only thing to do was to have a risk to reward way of trading.

VPhantom, oddhours, Alfing and 3 others like this.
  2. Not too much of the thoughts.You didn`t say nothing about yourself.Trading is about yourself and yourself only, not Brooks or Bollinger.

3. C12

C12

Agree, are you going to post some background?

4. padutrader

padutrader

good point.....but.......i think you all know enough abut me:D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  5. ramuk

ramuk

I think you are not desperate enough.

Want it badly enough and doors will open for you.

6. traider

traider

There are strategies that work with positive expectation but very low sharpe. You need to trade lots of them to have an ok equity curve. They are also easier to find if you have longer time horizons. In fact buy and hold is quite hard to beat so you can just use that with sensible portfolio balancing...

murray t turtle and padutrader like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

no comment as I believe you only express extremely limited thoughts.

padutrader likes this.
  8. After 20 years you have $1000 in the account? You have wasted your life. Seek help now!

9. The guy is grandpa for you.Give yourself a hand!

CSEtrader likes this.
  10. qxr1011

qxr1011

He did not waste his live, he spent it trying to achieve something that is important to him.

That takes balls and even more balls takes to talk openly about the failure.

A lot of so called successful men, never followed their heart. They hate their job, do not love they wife, wait all week for Friday to come, and then for the retirement.... to be relived from their constant misery.

#10     Jun 28, 2018