My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. dartmus

dartmus

slugar,

Your reminder about the components required in every great strategy helped me today. I'm developing an idea that at least initially goes all in either long or short. It's primary objective is to be onboard with trend during every big trend. It does horrible in chop like today but I journaled about inverting the portions directly related to how big a loss it takes. Minimizing loss obviously isn't a new concept for me, but I had not been able to emphasize it within the context of this trending strategy. In fact I was accepting considerably more delay in reversing than I wanted.

I'm visualizing how to combine everything I want in a single strategy, and I am having some success. I want you to know I appreciate you and your words of wisdom. I consider you one of my mentors.

peace,
    brother

#981     Dec 22, 2014
  2. slugar

slugar

I appreciate the kind words but I am in no way ready to be someones mentor. As someone on their thread pointed out I am not even trading with real money. I told Redneck that I am forever greatful for his willingness to help me and that someday I will pay it forward and Iplan to do that when the time comes but for me that time has not arrived yet. But thanks for the kind words and have a Happy and safe Holiday.

#982     Dec 23, 2014
  3. dartmus

dartmus

My use of the term mentor is for the skill and maturity you've already modeled. It does not carry any implications or obligations going forward. Its simply recognition I learned something of great value from you.

#983     Dec 23, 2014
  4. slugar

slugar

As Redneck likes to say we are just traders hanging out doing what we do:). I will help anyone I can once I feel like I'm able to do it.

#984     Dec 23, 2014
    Redneck and dartmus like this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Make no mistake - Slugar is a dumbass

So altogether..., that makes;

a dumbass.., a rat..., and a dumbass redneck

Good Times :cool:

RN

#985     Dec 23, 2014
    slugar, jsmacksem and jas_in_hbca like this.
  6. slugar

slugar

you crack me up RN

#986     Dec 23, 2014
    Redneck likes this.
  7. Have you tested your idea?

#987     Dec 23, 2014
  8. dartmus

dartmus

Why are you asking?

#988     Dec 23, 2014
  9. I am just curious as to whether you have tested your strategy before you put any money at risk. Doesn't seem that many people here take that step.

#989     Dec 23, 2014
  10. dartmus

dartmus

Where does that line of thought go when followed to conclusion?

#990     Dec 23, 2014