My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Redneck

Redneck

As I do yours Sir

You trade emotion..., I trade behavior

Likely the difference is in how we describe it

Main point - we both remain detached from it.., and focused on exploiting it

==============

Near term driven by behavior..., boundaries / swing H/L - the BSDs

SHTF notwithstanding of course :)

RN

#1121     Sep 30, 2015
  2. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings H123,

You Said: “This is where we will disagree, Price to me is solely based on people's emotions, the automated signals were based on finding patterns of People's emotions.”

Handle, ya know I luv ya man…but this is where I have to agree with Redneck. Besides, I believe I’m older than you, and likely been in the market for just about as long, if not longer,…big big shit eatin grin on my face.

In my opinion price has no emotion tied to it,…it just is,…in spite of us! Only people tie emotions to price. Price will do whatever price will do regardless of my emotions or yours. The fact is that price movement on any given individual trade is random, and this fact alone validates the truth to this case, as MD has pointed out so many times in his books. “God rest his eternal soul”. Therefore, anything you think, do, or emote, will not change the fact that the price movement on that single trade in front of you is random.

Which is another reason why I have a hard time convincing traders not to be so hung up on their “Sacrosanct TA” on a trade-by-trade basis,…but that’s another story.

This fact about the nature of price remains true, unless of course you are large enough to move the market based on your opinion. Then in that special case price is not random, but is then fixed.

You Also Said: “Me on other hand have been at game perhaps too long and see it as a game, (A Pattern with Probabilities Numbers Game…correct me if I’m wrong here) struggles between those who are numb, like me and the many who feel price will go one way or other.”

And this “Mindset” is truly the reason for your longevity and continued success in the market. And further, this “Mindset” is likely the reason is why both you and Redneck said almost exactly the same thing at the ends of your posts:

RN: “all we must do is get on board and ride along.”

H123: “But bottom line, we really don't care what drives the market, so long as we make a boatload of money”.

Can’t say enough good things about both you and Redneck…please keep on doing what you guys do.

KDASFTG

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    #1122     Sep 30, 2015
    slugar likes this.
  3. slugar

slugar

example of 1 trade i took on sim. three lower highs . i went short with a target on the last swing high which was 4147

#1123     Sep 30, 2015
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Yeah.., and right back at cha Sir!!!

:)

RN

#1124     Sep 30, 2015
  5. Handle123

Handle123

We will agree to disagree, I am an old fart. I have made other signals that are based strictly on fear, catching the falling knife, many traders who don't do much back testing and don't have clues what average swings are, when it is exceeded and by how much, when and what to do at increased volatility which to me is caused by fear. Cause few of us take advantage of fears and at some point that other side of the weak, we do well.

#1125     Sep 30, 2015
    beginner66 likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Now does you Trading Plan explain in detail why this is a trade? And taking that Trading Plan, can you start trading Gold with same rules?

#1126     Oct 1, 2015
  7. slugar

slugar

Yes it will work on any market

#1127     Oct 1, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I've seen in depth slugar's illustrations of how he trades and it's definitely a price action trading gold mine. The key for him now is to master the execution. :cool:

#1128     Oct 2, 2015
    dartmus, Redneck and jas_in_hbca like this.
  9. slugar

slugar

thanks nd coming from you this means a ton!

#1129     Oct 2, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  10. Handle123

Handle123

That's good cause if a system only trades one market, those systems seldom work for long periods as they are curve fitted and a method should worked even if traded on fly specs. Of course there can be small differences going from one market to another cause lack of volume, say you using ES method primarily and switch to coffee, going from one heavily traded market to hardly any volume, types of orders have to change unless you like undue slippage, but whether it is a chop system or trend, price is price and should remain constant.

gold mine?

#1130     Oct 2, 2015
    beginner66 likes this.