My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. slugar

slugar

Still short 4122

#1081     Jan 29, 2015
  2. slugar

slugar

out 4103

#1082     Jan 29, 2015
    theapprentice likes this.
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

For me, the round number area is strong defense level in general and if price tried to break more than once and failed, I'd consider taking profit. On the 1-min you can see a failed flag pattern around 9:45 - 9:50. That's usually good for decent counter-run and possible reversal.

#1083     Jan 29, 2015
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yeah, just like that :D

#1084     Jan 29, 2015
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

I realized later that you're question wasn't about when to exit, but when the trade is invalid. I can't help you there, because of the timing of your entry. I'd have waited longer before shorting.

#1085     Jan 29, 2015
  6. slugar

slugar

you would have waited until 930cst when the market retested that level?

#1086     Jan 29, 2015
  7. Redneck

Redneck

PA trades are typically predicated on a signal within context …, specifically taken on the supporting PA of said signal (I'm discounting momo / time & volume entries here)

A trade becomes invalidated when that signal is no longer valid – and / or – the context in which the trade was taken is breached

Some examples of where a trade would break down

Trading a range; long the bottom / short the top

Breakdown = breach of the top…, on a short / breach of the bottom…, on a long

BO up; breakdown = breach of the upper range

BO down; breakdown = breach of the lower range

BO PB to the top…, or 50% level of a range / BO PB to the bottom…, or 50% level of a range breakdown = breach of the the level price PB to (recall we don't enter on the PB - rather the PA supporting the PB has ceased and the BO move resuming)

Note

Need to be careful with above stop placements – sometimes liquidity pools are created only to then be exploited - dem bastards :D

Trading a DT; breakdown = breach of the DT - or possibly the subsequent LHs depending on entry

Trading a DB; breakdown = breach of the DB - or possibly the subsequent HLs depending on entry

123 reversal; breakdown = the breach of TL made from the 3rd leg HL / LHs…, or…, breach of the 50%** level of the 1st leg (** 50% not always an exact – as the strength of the reversal varies - this is trading after all not science)…, or breach of the previous L or H (just prior to leg 1) – just depends on where the entry occurs

Trend (LH / HL); breakdown = breach of the TL

Trend PB; breakdown = breach of the PB range counter to original direction.., or.., breach of the TL price pulling back to

Close of 1 bar / open of the next; breakdown = breach of the L…, or H of the bar just closed - okay so I included 1 timed entry - but it could also be a form of a range / trend on a higher TF

Need more examples – say the word

RN

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    #1087     Jan 29, 2015
    PABuster, jsmacksem and gears like this.
  8. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

We're you managing that trade at all? If so, how?

#1088     Jan 29, 2015
  9. jsmacksem

jsmacksem

WOOPS. Didn't see previous posts. My bad.

#1089     Jan 29, 2015
  10. slugar

slugar

Happy Easter to all of my et friends

#1090     Apr 3, 2015