My Forex Journal

Discussion in 'Forex' started by wizard4444, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Well ..life is life...hundreds of traders lost there jobs cause 90% of the banks here closed there trading divisions(cause they did not fair well with risk)....believe me there are a lot of unemployed traders in this province.
    There are only a couple of firms left for prop trading the U.S. markets and non that I know of for forex. Wish I was somewhere more "trader friendly" but from what I heard it was elsewhere too that this happened. It is ok....we move ahead stronger, cause this time off did help a lot to take out the best in me and create strategies witch I would have never if I was full time,especially in forex.... cause forex is a 24 hour job :thumbsup:
    I also day trade equities at the U.S. market open from 9.30am to 11.30am good so it is ok....but my love is forex;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    #41     Feb 14, 2016
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

I used to scalp forex, but range decreased so mainly DAX and US30 later on, obviously going wild at the moment ofcourse.

Think I've managed 2 trading days so far this year :(

#42     Feb 14, 2016
    TimBox75 likes this.
  3. I do not want to sound philosophical but I will post my 2 cents.
    It is all between the ears..... once you master risk and you have a decent strategy it is just am matter of execution. There are times where the system will "look" like it is not working(consolidation periods) but the trader at those confusing times should stick to what he knows that works and all will fall in place, this is where a lot of newbies go from one strategy to another and never give the strategy or themselves a chance to master and mature.

#43     Feb 14, 2016
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sounds like me, I'm at the level my strategys work so it's all good, but only just, so i keep trying others looking for better.

#44     Feb 14, 2016
  5. Do you short? Cause we had some great opportunities this year... the market is very volatile and this is great. Also the last couple of weeks the U.S. equities are good, there are some day where "the game" is not on but it is easy to tell before the market opens.
    If you would like to know when the market is "the game is on" just ask here or pm me and I will tell you what to do... when the market is game the moves are a lot bigger and the market is less choppy.

#45     Feb 14, 2016
  6. It is not only you...it is or was all of us, it is part of this game and it is very frustrating since you had great returns right before... so traders start looking elsewhere.... mistake... patience and risk management is golden :banghead:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    #46     Feb 14, 2016
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Scalper so never get big moves really, fighting my urge is still an issue years in, or the patience to it for a with trend setup, which i always miss or dont take lol

#47     Feb 14, 2016
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

1 strategy ran the acount from nothing to 1000% more before it just stopped, trying something new at the moment, less scalpy see how it goes over the next few weeks, looks good so far.

#48     Feb 14, 2016
  9. Here is an updated pic on how the account closed on Friday cause on the first post the pic was taken sometime during the week...now we are up to date and we go from here.....

#49     Feb 14, 2016
  10. Wow.... I do not know what kind of strategy it was but if it went up to 1000% maybe that one deserves another look too....

#50     Feb 14, 2016