Motivation and Encouragement

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nth, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Trade poorly…, lose money adeptly

RN

#11     Mar 21, 2014
  2. embrace uncertainty,
    understand and accept probability,
    become comfortable with anxiety.
    surrender your trading hopes, aspirations, fears and let the trade flow as it inevitably will.
    the past doesn't predict the future, every moment in the market is unique.
    all you - the trader - needs is the self discipline to follow your rules.
    and a clear mind to wear, wash, fold, repeat.

#12     Mar 26, 2014
  3. nth

nth

"Follow your dreams, or you'll spend the rest of your life working for someone else who did."

#13     Apr 17, 2014
  4. "Follow your dreams, don't be surprised if you do not make it, most people don't."

#14     Apr 17, 2014
  5. Stay in the present moment, it's the only place you can effect change.

#15     Apr 17, 2014
  6. IBM summed it all up in its early days.

It came down to one word.

they then set up publication that was very informative.
    the title of the publication was "THINK"

It never caught on apparently.

Here is a simple beginning point for potential traders.

What math is dictated by the FACT that the variables of the market are granular????

So no one uses the correct math. How about that?????

lol......

#16     Apr 21, 2014
  7. karlman

karlman

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison

#17     May 14, 2014
  8. nth

nth

Thanks karlman. I've been studying 'failure' and just came back to check this thread.. found your quote when I saw the last. I wasn't checking the site much. Often we talk about success. Success is great. But we have to be able to properly handle failure, in order to keep success. As another person said.. and I'm paraphrasing, 'Failure is only temporary, until you give up...

Here is a quote.. "Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence." Lisa M. Amos

And for those interested:
    http://www.fastcompany.com/3002809/be-henry-ford-apprentice-yourself-failure

To end on a positive (success):
    "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."
    Bruce Lee

#18     Dec 16, 2014
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Being wrong is one step closer to being right.

#19     Dec 17, 2014
  10. nth

nth

Throwing up a big cheers to my ET friends. This year was the best trading year of my life. And, I'm excited to go into the new year. 2015! This new year will be greater. The best is yet to come..

I also want to take a moment to bless all of you.. that you would prosper and be of good health.. that everything you do turns to gold. And, in the preparing, that you may have patience and vision to endure for your good reward.

I want to thank all of the contributors to this site. Thank you for allowing it to continue. This morning I read something somewhere in the vast information within the history of the forums. And.. in my mind, I disagreed with what they had written. . But, I wasn't exactly sure why. So, I went to study deeper on the topic.. to look closer at economic figures. And, that is what makes this place so great.. that we can challenge each others thoughts. This is a great place that stirs up great thinking. Of course, like anything, we have to filter out the garbage. But, that's with anything. As my late grandfather would often say, "C'est la vie.." Let's make the best of it..

quote from one of our very own at ET:
    "no matter how much I see…, there is always more to see" - RN

There truly is so much more. I want to challenge you today to open up your mind and to think in new ways.. in ways that others before you never thought of.

Best wishes to all of you and Happy New Year.. from the bottom of my heart..

Cheers,
    nth

#20     Dec 29, 2014