Money Is Not Wealth: Most important article for a young person to read

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by nitro, Jul 23, 2016.

1. nitro

nitro

2. TradeCat

TradeCat

Only thing that makes wealth is wealth. To get there requires pre-existing wealth and/or the ability to save or generate wealth through a business or invention.

We must teach those entering the workforce that employment is not how you retire comfortably.

K-Pia likes this.
  3. K-Pia

K-Pia

Employment is the way of the middle.
    It's secure but pay the price for it.
    Mediocre living conditions.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. TradeCat

TradeCat

I for one don't want to retire to a trailer on a half acre in the middle of the Arizona desert. I want comfort.

5. K-Pia

K-Pia

As you please.
    Comfort leads to atrophy.
    I know it feels good ... But it's how it is.
    Your brain ... Your muscles ... Your senses ...
    It all dies. We need discomfort to grow, to get better.
    Volatility ... Variations ... Stress ... Well ...
    Comfort is Okay for recovery.
    But you also need stress,
    As much as comfort.

6. nitro

nitro

You obviously didn't read the article

7. Cswim63

Cswim63

That was great. Especially the part about running up the stairs to get away from fat lazy people. That article is one of those things that's obvious in retrospect when someone points it out. Especially the part about when you have two choices, do the harder. You see this in politics presented both ways.

8. Cswim63

Cswim63

The stuff he said about getting a job after college I totally get. I never wanted a real job after college.

9. The tech/web startup world...is like virtually complete polar opposites of Wall Street. -- one is an idealists, the other is a realists. :rolleyes:o_O
    Literally and figuratively.
    One is left, the other is right. One is in San Francisco...the other is at the opposite end, NY.

I personally don't need the headache and hardships of trying to launch the complexities of a business. I don't care if it gets bought out at 10 million or whatever.
    All I need is a million, or two, from trading my own personal acct -- and i'm the happiest man on the planet.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    SimpleMeLike and profitlocker like this.
  10. nitro

nitro

Nope. Read the article, again if need be.

#10     Jul 23, 2016