MINDFULNESS

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dbphoenix, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantastic post. I have done something similar and echo all you have written.

#71     May 13, 2015
  2. great post Gringo. :)

#72     May 13, 2015
  3. Blueline

Blueline

.....and what is the meaning of this quote?.....you are aware that film is about Buddhism?
    This say it all doesn't it.
    There is the charts (reality) and there is the person (perceiver) looking at it. This is contact. As there is contact, there will be a view created by the person (conceiver).

The division here is between (reality) and the (view).
    As long as there is a view, that view is being held (attachment) to that view.....hence focusing on the view rather than the reality. The harder you hold on, the harder you can get hit.....because reality is always "right".

Hence reality should be the main focus of attention and understanding why and how it works. This will remove our own views which are nothing but fabrications from our delusional self.....Then it leads to a deeper question of what makes "price".....so rather than trading as a "YOU", you are effectively trading of "OTHERS"......a kind of like the art of trading without trading!

#73     May 14, 2015
  4. I use to think all this mind stuff was interesting and useful until I realized the problem was having issues with money. Its not issues with the trading or process, its issues with money. If you win you feel undeserving and guilty. If you lose you get fearful of scarcity. Check your head and fix the problem. Don't mask it with stupid mind games. plus learn to program or hire a programer quant-- to do the process flawlessly. You will learn instantaneously if your plan works. Why spend years figuring it out? Sounds as moronic as using methods from the 1940's. surf

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    #74     May 14, 2015
    lucysparabola likes this.
  5. Gringo

Gringo

From Wiki:
    The Matrix makes numerous references to recent films and literature, and to historical myths and philosophy including Buddhism, Vedanta, Advaita Hinduism, Christianity, Messianism, Judaism,Gnosticism, existentialism, and nihilism. The film's premise resembles Plato's Allegory of the cave, René Descartes's evil demon, Kant's reflections on the Phenomenon versus the Ding an sich, Zhuangzi's "Zhuangzi dreamed he was a butterfly", Marxist social theory and the brain in a vat thought experiment. Many references to Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation appear in the film, although Baudrillard himself considered this a misrepresentation.[19] There are similarities to cyberpunk works such as Neuromancer by William Gibson,[20] who has described The Matrix as "arguably the ultimate 'cyberpunk' artifact."[20]

The lenses we use to see the world colors our experiences.

Discussing the philosophy of detachment is knowing the path. Becoming calm, relaxed and emotionally free is walking the path. Once a person starts walking the path, be it at a leisurely pace, philosophical sophistication can add to that experience.

I took the easier path. Maybe the results aren't as mind blowing as they would have been with Buddhist methods but these are practical results, and far superior to anything that came in my life before. And it took only weeks.

Gringo

#75     May 14, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Most likely because you were ready for it.

#76     May 14, 2015
  7. I was definitely not beyond this issue. I struggled with it for years-- I grew up in a very lower middle-class t family but was always around wealthy people since my parents are smart with money and were able to purchase homes in the wealthy areas (relatively)--- so when I started making quick money with my business, I wanted all the cool stuff like cars and large homes which I bought. leased or optioned. Wasted a literal fortune, until I realized I was being self destructive since I felt undeserving since making money with little work seemed to be against the protestant work ethic and the judeochristian philosophy. ( to be continued)

#77     May 14, 2015
  8. loyek590

loyek590

if you don't know what the hell you are doing trading, you will probably resort to some kind of superstition, or mind game. And your emotions will always be high, because you don't know what the hell you are doing.

but I'm willing to concede that "mindfulness" may help you understand why you don't know what you are doing.

#78     May 14, 2015
  9. Blueline

Blueline

Interesting interpretation.
    This is how I would understand it:
    The difference is in the mind between those who "know" and those who don't.....those who "know" have already completed the path so they are out of it and those who don't are "walking" the path and are on it.....which leads to a destination.

That destination is a path to self discovery. That is why it was noted "The truth cannot be told, one must see it for oneself".

#79     May 14, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Fortunately one needn't get metaphysical about this. The article centered around psychotherapy, and there's no particular need for metaphysics in therapy, unless one wants to spend years at it. As far as trading goes, the thrust is the same: focus on price action rather than one's own trade.

#80     May 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.