MINDFULNESS

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dbphoenix, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyek590

loyek590

spend some time observing that cemetery and realize this is how it will end

#41     May 13, 2015
  2. Huh? Detaching from the ego is a way to ruin. Why detach emotionally instead of building up and strengthening your emotions to deal with what life throws at you?

#42     May 13, 2015
    lucysparabola likes this.
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

OTOH, DIY therapy is rarely successful, even less so on message boards. But if one were devoted to the effort, I'd save the 43 bucks and study what's available for free online and at the library.

#43     May 13, 2015
  4. Agreed.

Just to clarify I was referring to Mindfulness rather than Dayton's book. As a tool. There is a fair amount of science backing it up.

#44     May 13, 2015
  5. Don't listen to authors or anyone without proven success. Follow the real winners in the financial markets. Do you really think Bill Ackman and other winners in the game detach from the ego?? LMFAO!!! Thanks again, parrotbot, for more fodder for the book. This stuff is f$$king hilarious to anyone who actually trades real capital.

#45     May 13, 2015
  6. loyek590

loyek590

emotions are something God gave us to enjoy the game of life, both the highs and the lows

it's not that you have to control them, it's just that they die over time, they are not eternal

#46     May 13, 2015
  7. That's sad, dude. You should be getting stronger & better as you age not falling into the same trap as the masses. surf

#47     May 13, 2015
    debitspread likes this.
  8. the most successful trader I've ever dealt with (and others like him, but less successful) have all had giant egos. But they seemed to know how to control them and redirect that energy towards further successful trading. You have to have balls of steel to bet successfully time and again.

#48     May 13, 2015
  9. loyek590

loyek590

that's why many old men take up dangerous sports, because they miss those old emotions that they had when they were young

#49     May 13, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Thank you. I misinterpreted what you said.

Too bad this sort of thing can't be discussed the way "Zen and the Art of Trading" was discussed years ago.

#50     May 13, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.