MINDFULNESS

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dbphoenix, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyek590

loyek590

yes, I know, but I still panic when I dream I am falling

#101     May 22, 2015
  2. Gringo

Gringo

I have started my focus training. The outing with focus/memory training was a disaster.

Number of elements: 50
    Correct answers: 4
    Mistakes: 46
    Time: 300 sec

After about 20 or so elements the mind was getting a bit numb and losing focus. The results are showing the mind went numb after the first 2-3 elements! I had thought I'd be able to remember around 15 or 20 at least. Expectation and reality aren't merging well.

Gringo

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    #102     May 25, 2015
  3. I want to meet the deathless. Think you can set up an interview?

#103     May 25, 2015

4. How incredibly moronic.

What the Dalai Llama says about the Parrotbot idea of abandoning the self---

"This quote by the Dalai Lama is the type of honest observation that is incredibly rare in meditation: "In the West, I do not think it advisable to follow Buddhism. Changing religions is not like changing professions. Excitement lessens over the years, and soon you are not excited, and then where are you? Homeless inside yourself." – The Dalai Lama, quoted in Tibet, Tibet by Patrick French. "

#104     May 25, 2015
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

"Market Surfer" and the concept of abandoning the self.

Oil and water.

#105     May 25, 2015
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  6. Blueline

Blueline

An interview is not required. You just need to remove the "I" part and it will be all revealed.

Let me show you a quote what you are really up against (most are not even aware of it):

#106     May 25, 2015
  7. Blueline, I agree with dbphoenix that surf is all about the self, but I don't know about this "deathless" part. I like the idea of simple mindful meditation and mindfulness for its many proven mental and physical benefits. And I accept the idea of the inevitability of change and impermanence, and to avoid undue attachment. I suppose, perhaps incorrectly, that you are alluding to oneness with the universe, and I accept on some level that we are each a part of a greater whole. But "deathless" makes me cringe, if only because it smacks of mysticism. Perhaps a metonym too far? (A new word I learned from stu that I don't want to forget, so I have to use it.)

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    #107     May 25, 2015
  8. Gringo

Gringo

"The path to the Deathless is the perpetual awareness of experience. The deathless does not imply a physical state where the body does not die. When an individual becomes totally aware of the process of experiencing, he is freed from the continuity of existence. Those who do not have that awareness are like the dead, even if they are physically alive."

#108     May 25, 2015
  9. Gringo, I think I understand what you are trying to say, but it's a bit too deep for me. Personally, I just like the simplicity and utility of the process, without...all that.

#109     May 25, 2015
  10. Gringo

Gringo

I used google to post that. It's more like a universal all energy consciousness thing as far as my my understanding goes. I am no Buddhist.

#110     May 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.