Michelle Obama's School Lunch program: 4 million dollars worth of food thrown in the trash everyday

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Sep 22, 2014.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You may want to do a bit more research on that.

#41     Sep 22, 2014
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough. But I don't know about their impact on insulin response and fuel partitioning, though, if there is any.

#42     Sep 22, 2014
  3. Ricter

Ricter

To be fair, I have to ask why you think he's wrong on that. Overweight and obesity are terrible hits to health, and the fat do have more health issues, across a broad (no pun) spectrum.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    #43     Sep 22, 2014
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Why do more research to arrive at the same end result? Do you know anyone who works in the insurance business? I do .... he's started and sold 2 insurance companies and it's not the healthy people who cause rate increases. It's the unhealthy people and there is a high correlation between weight issues and medical expenses incurred.

#44     Sep 22, 2014
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's a long video, but I promise I'll listen to it tomorrow morning and rejoin the conversation.

#45     Sep 22, 2014
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#46     Sep 22, 2014
  7. Ricter

Ricter

It is. And the larger implications are unfortunate.

: )

#47     Sep 22, 2014
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

There may not be. But researchers have only recently found that fructose is metabolized differently from sucrose, that not all "oses" are the same. So much of what we've thought was true, isn't.

#48     Sep 22, 2014
  9. jem

jem

response to db.

DB said...

Dr Mengele is anti-people-making-their-own-decisions. He sees no reason why your tax dollars should be going to pay for the healthcare needs of the obese. I assume that includes obese children.

jem response 1. Does not excuse your pro big govt anti liberty posting history.

Anti-Christian? Don't care enough about it to be anti. I just want them to butt out.
    response 2. bullshit... does nothing to address ant christian statements and threads.

Anti-liberty? You'll have to own that one.
    response 3 - out of your hundreds of posts how many have been pro govt intrusion vs pro individual rights... I do not recall you ever standing up from freedom.

Fascist? Clearly you don't know the meaning of the word.
    response 4. oppressive govt types always pretend they are doing the right thing.
    yet you support the govt telling people to provide drugs which abort babies, which foods to eat, you support more taxes... you are consistently pro bigger govt at ever turn. you and you leftists buddies are pro fascism whether you admit it to yourselves or not.[/quote]

#49     Sep 22, 2014
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Geezus you're full of shit, Rectum.

(no pun intended, of course)

#50     Sep 22, 2014