Meditating and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by newtoet, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Good to see love for meditationshift, great program and really changed my life.

#11     Mar 26, 2014
    JamesEM likes this.
  2. cornix

cornix

Alpha state of mind is good for both day dreaming and meditating.

#12     Mar 26, 2014
  3. newtoet

newtoet

Nice to see others reinforce my results. Thanks!

#13     Mar 26, 2014
  4. Visaria

Visaria

Try a different setting then, say a forest with a stream :D

#14     Mar 27, 2014
  5. jhithers

jhithers

I got in on the challenge they did in February, and got a lot from it. I just need to make it a habit, because I only motivate myself to do it every other day or so now.

#15     Mar 28, 2014
  6. Visaria

Visaria

Day dreaming is easy to do because it's very enjoyable. It's like sex, you want to do it! In contrast, i find meditating a bit of a chore.

#16     Mar 28, 2014
  7. Visaria

Visaria

Day dreaming comes naturally I feel. When we were children, I'm sure we all day dreamed a lot although no doubt were told that it was a bad habit. It's nothing of the sort, it's the brain's way of de-stressing. Obviously, you don't want to day dream whilst flying your plane or driving your car. However you should remain alert to the times when the brain tries to put you in a day dream state, and then , assuming it is safe to do so i.e. not when you are flying your plane, relax and enter the dream state.

#17     Mar 28, 2014
  8. You should look at their self-study program, that's what got me to make it a habit. There is something to read every day that prods you (motivates you?) into just doing it. Well worth it, imo.

#18     Mar 29, 2014
  9. jhithers

jhithers

I got it today - starting tomorrow before trading. Thanks!

#19     Mar 30, 2014
  10. newtoet

newtoet

#20     Apr 3, 2014